Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Save yourself a bunch of money and build your own setup. You can buy everything in that kit online(amazon) that Yaffe offers and save huge.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
I wouldn't purchase anything from Yaffe as their Customer Service is the worst.
That's just my opinion based on what I have read about them.
Mike U.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased the items they advertise separately and I'll say this, the set up rocks and I saved a great deal of money. I am really happy with the sound and the price. Build it yourself, good bang for the buck.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
As all the other post have said, you can save over 50% buying and piecing it together yourself, everything is available online, and you can buy the mounting plates for the amps here on the forum.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I an thinking about getting one of the Yaffe kits with speakers and amp has anyone used any of his audio stuff?
I have the 4 speaker amp set. Its a good beginner set I think but as the others say its cheaper to piece it together. Live and learn right? LOL I would lean towards hertz and JL audio parts those seem to be the best bang for your buck from what I hear. That's what I am leaning towards for winter

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
One thing I have noticed on this and other forums, is that nobody has complained about Hertz or Jl audio speakers & amps. That is the direction I'm going. Other have alpine, Hawg wired , focal, and are happy.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
The Yaffe head unit is a Rockford Fosgate with a different face plate on it. Its also the same unit that Medallion (of Medallion gauges) uses for much less money. Good unit with lots of options for whatever kind of system you plan on building. Best price I found was at Phat Performance. I checked all around plus with PCPain.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I'll complain about the JL amp a little, it's too big, there, I complained

and I feel stacked components are the level of quality needed on the bike, mini complaint, off the shelf XL's have crossovers as big as some amps, I think I want a set though

to the most recent craze or desired of parts, I see space and fitment concerns, just me

board has seen riders upgrade their tunes for as little as $325 w/a PBR300 and Focal coaxials

PBRs are loud and cheap, 2 channel is better, not the greatest amp but sufficient for anything up to 300w per side, per channel

there is no substitute for high output speakers, or high quality well liked speakers, though, polks entry lines, and other base level speaker will hold the system back

louder speakers are about $130 up, MM, Kappa, ZX

1 - 12 of 12 Posts