Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a set of Paul Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars 12" in black, seems everywhere is on backorder...... anyone know who might have them in stock? or is there a similar looking bar to go with?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
UOUR best Bet Is too try and eBay company that sells them. They seem to have some in stock. Yaffe himself never has them which I find strange. In my opinion there are much better bars for less price and little to no wait. Carlini, bulky, vinditka etc just to name a few

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had the 12's on my 2011. I ordered a set for the 2015 back in October. I don't mind waiting. I put a lot of miles behind the old one's and from talking with them everything is very close to the originals. I didn't feel like taking a chance on different bars.
Give them a call and check availability. I should see mine by the end of the month.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try KST Kustoms Mayhem bars they are very close to monkey bars, less money and made with stainless

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
dont know where to advice on where to cop these bars @ but just keep checkn evilbay to find a pair of used bars that someone lists.
Also just got done reading a email from a supplier that relies on imports. They are saying that there is a big time hold up on imports due to negotiating workers and contracts on the West Coast. Yaffes prolly got product being held up due to this,...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Screw Yaffee....I got KST's Mayhems and love them

Seriously a great bar...emailed them and wait for it...GOT A RESPONSE...try that with Yaffee. Also, thought about Buky...talked to them but seemed lost if you asked more than one question. Quality of Mayhems? 10 out of 10. Support before buying? 10 out of 10. Quality of welds and finish 9 out of 10. Overall price $195...this is $200 cheaper than Yaffee....what am I getting for $200 more? A 2 month wait period....no kidding, I'm a fussy guy..bars were excellent. I loved that Brett Kent from KST answered my questions before buying and was communicative. Rare...go KST Customs...great experience and product.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
There is a couple sets of 12's on ebay. American Classic Motors is listing. they are like $659.00! they put a wire xtention kit w/them and jacked up the price. I didnt pay that for my 16's i bought last year,...kinda like buying a gallon of gas...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Seriously a great bar...emailed them and wait for it...GOT A RESPONSE...try that with Yaffee. Also, thought about Buky...talked to them but seemed lost if you asked more than one question. Quality of Mayhems? 10 out of 10. Support before buying? 10 out of 10. Quality of welds and finish 9 out of 10. Overall price $195...this is $200 cheaper than Yaffee....what am I getting for $200 more? A 2 month wait period....no kidding, I'm a fussy guy..bars were excellent. I loved that Brett Kent from KST answered my questions before buying and was communicative. Rare...go KST Customs...great experience and product.
I had a question about the Yaffee bars and emailed them. One of the guys there sent me their cell phone number so I could send them a picture of my problem. I like the bars and got Great service from them. I will say that was a few years back.

·
Registered
852 Posts
MBB are good bars, look good and are comfortable. I had a set on my Streetglide. Put them on in '08 and put about 70,000 miles on them until this bike in '13. The chrome held up perfectly. They were hard to get then. I think I waited a month. There is a reason it takes so long. Everybody and their brother has them or wants them. That's why I went with something different. Looked at a bunch and settled on either the Buky Odysseys or Carlini Evil Apes. Went with the Bukys and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Seems like all bars have a wait period I have been waiting 5 weeks for factory 47 formerly buky bars and they just shipped this week which will be over a 6 week period for bars. Friend of mine waited 6 weeks for carlini bars also. Don't know why it takes so long.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
548 Posts
I know guys waiting for over 3 months now. I gave up on Yaffee. Nice looking bars but there are other just as nice and made here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Poor service is getting common !

I emailed Yaffe about a month ago asking about 16" bars , about 2 wks later I got email back that just said " have you been helped ? " . So I ordered a set of 16" Prime Apes from Hill Country Customs , now I'm emailing back and forth w them because they sent a set of 13" instead ! Evidently I'm assumed to be an idiot and can't read a tape measure or hold them up next to my 10" monkey bars to know the difference . Such a frustrating PIA !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bars came in last night 12" I mocked them up on the bike and I feel like they might be shorter than what I imagined over stock. Thinking about ordering 14"s but don't want them to look "cheesy" and being too tall... I am 6'1 any suggestions, hard to find pictures of a bike with 14"s on could anyone post so I could see what 14's look like on the bike?
Thanks Beertruck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Phillip at Yaffe

I just gave them a call yesterday about a quote and they answered on the second ring. Phillip talked to me for about 20 minutes about my different options, outlining every single part I would need. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but so far their customer service has been great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts