Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Paul Yaffe website lists two types of Monkey Bars: OEM Monkey Bars and Monkey Bagger Bars. Does anyone know the difference between the two and the advantages of one over the other? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Paul Yaffe website lists two types of Monkey Bars: OEM Monkey Bars and Monkey Bagger Bars. Does anyone know the difference between the two and the advantages of one over the other? Thanks in advance.
Back when I was looking at the two PY bars, the only difference that I could see was the design/shape. The OEM bars have the double points, while the other has the single points. The only disadvantage to the OEM's appears to the the more difficult installation, due to the double points. I went with the more popular OEM's in 10".

http://www.baggernation.com/products-bars.htm

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The regular Monkey Bagger Bars are for the batwing bikes and have a different shape to them.

The OEM MBB's are for the Road Glides/Road Kings, etc.

Then he also makes the Classic Bagger bars for the batwing bikes that are rounded up top and also smaller in diameter.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Those are 10's??? Where are they measuring from? I was all set to order 12's,,, but now I'm thinking the 10s
Yeah, they are 10's. As stated above, the Yaffee's seem to run a bit taller than other ape manufactureres. The Yaffee 10's look more like 12's, but are probaby more like 11's. The taller look is partially from the way they rise up, then swoop back down at the grips. With my 6ft/34" dimensions, I could have easily gone with Yaffe 12's, but I wanted to maintain a little bit of the fairing/windshield protection, as I like to ride when its cold. I also paid an extra $50 to have them mill out the throttle side to fit some Heat Demon grip warmers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the clarification guys. I think I'm going with the 10's also ... the bars for the internal wiring.

·
Registered
330 Posts
According to his website, the OEM's are for Roadglides and Roadkings the Monkey Bagger bars are for Batwings and both are set up for internal wiring

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, they are 10's. As stated above, the Yaffee's seem to run a bit taller than other ape manufactureres. The Yaffee 10's look more like 12's, but are probaby more like 11's. The taller look is partially from the way they rise up, then swoop back down at the grips. With my 6ft/34" dimensions, I could have easily gone with Yaffe 12's, but I wanted to maintain a little bit of the fairing/windshield protection, as I like to ride when its cold. I also paid an extra $50 to have them mill out the throttle side to fit some Heat Demon grip warmers.[/QUOTE
I'm also 6' with 34" inseam. I was thinking about these bars and the 13" Windvest. Can you see over the Windvest Ok and are your hands higher than the screen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yaffe bars on roadglide

I tried both style yaffes on a roadglide.....first a 10" monkey bar , then a 12" monkey bagger bar. I prefer the latter because you get more pullback and don't have to stretch forward. True the monkeybaggers were designed for the batwing fairing . Most dealers were reluctant to sell , thinking they were too wide to fit in the RG's sharkwing fairing but they do in fact fit.theyre a little wider but don't rub. The monkeybaggers arc to get more pullback and around 1 1/2" wider grip to grip....they both looked great on but my preference is the monkeybaggers, only bc they're more comfortable for me anyway. If you have a long reach then stay with the 10" monkeys, drag or yaffe has in stock. Drag also has the 12"monkeybaggers in stock....but NO ONE carries the 12" monkeys...they have to be custom made from yaffe and will take at least two months , good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts