Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched and haven't found a thread like this, so here is a start. I've done this on other forums with great success and popularity. If the mods agree, it could make a great sticky thread.

Basically whay you do is list item(s) that you have laying around, HD related or not, that you are willing to give away to someone who wants/needs it. The key is, GIVE away...no cost except for the receiving person to maybe cover shipping if needed. If you take something, all you do is "pay it forward" by listing something you have.

I just gave away some mirror extensions to easyryder01 through PM's, so I'll count that as the first item.

If you have nothing to give, that is fine. I know many of us have small items (take offs, etc) that are just laying around. Lets let somebody who needs these put them to use!

Pictures definitely help!

Edit:

Try to keep transactions via PM's to keep the thread organized. Once you give something away, edit your original post so that others know you no longer have the item.

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
Paying it forward

For 2008 and earlier Tour bikes

12.28.2011 - THESE ARE SPOKEN FOR... They have been sent out to roadglide007 in Arizona. Can't wait to see how he uses them. I had them for my Road King cause I moved to plate to beneath the bag but I never installed them cause I traded the King for the Glide.

Don't forget to pay it forward.

Dresser/Roadking License Relocator Kit
New from Paul Yaffe Originals comes this cool kit to help clean up the back end of your Dresser. First , the license plate gets relocated below your stock taillight, where the turn signal bar used to bolt on. Then the ugly bar that held your plate on can be cut off, and our trick little billet hole plugs can be used to fill the holes.

I have the RT's. They are round.

·
Registered
828 Posts
ive got a peanut tank, and a 21 inch front rim from 2007 FXSTC.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool idea. I just bought my bike so I dont have anything to give away yet lol
You will soon enough when you start customizing it! :D

To all others jumping onboard with this, THANKS!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Not RG related but newer Harley stuff............

I have a chrome backrest and pad from my '09 FatBob. It's a quick disconnect. Not sure what other Dyna's it would fit. Perfect condition, collecting dust. I also have the original FatBob seat. Mint, in box collecting dust ;)

Free to good home :D

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Moved this to the classified forum. Please try to keep your posts if you are offering something or looking for something edited. That way this thread isn't filled with "Do you still have that?"

We also might try to keep the questions in PMs as not to clutter up this thread as well.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I am down with this idea. I just have to go through the stuff in my garage/basement and see what I have. I am MORE than willing to help someone out with parts they can use. WIN, WIN, IMHO...

Rowdy

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Chainsaw! I agree, and should have mentioned it in my orig post, about editing your "ad" once "sold". PMs are also best.

·
Registered
238 Posts
New or Like new 2008 Dyna super glide custom parts
I prefer You pay shipping

Transmission dipstick

Stock timer cover

Stock license plate holder

Stock plug wires

Factory turn signal lenses and bulbs (Amber)
I have the front and rear sets

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back patch for vest. Used, but near mint condition. Took it off as I'm now flying colors.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here's a list of stuff I have that is "free to good home". All these are take-off from my 2009 RG.

1) Stock speakers with about 3500-4500 miles on them. They did see several hours of rain and I did play them loud - but they worked just fine when replaced.

2) Stock rear brake lens (red with lic plate light window). No bulbs, no screws... just the red lens.

Gone - Found a home 3) Stock / Chrome tapered mirrors (includes some air-toasted bugs and a little road grim). Took these off in the first 1000 miles.

Gone - Found a home 4) Stock / brushed finish fork lowers. One has a few DoD stickers on it that you'd need to remove and both have some complimentary bugs & road grime. They still have the long orange reflectors.

Hit me with a PM if interested in helping me clear out the garage. Please keep in mind that I work 4 hours from the house. I come home most week ends but it may take me several days (perhaps even a little over a week) to ship anything.

T

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great idea

I have a new hd 10" windshield clear,installed and removed right away. Any of you need this windshield it's your's , but you will have to pay shipping if to far away to pick up. Have a great and safe new year. Also have stock mirrors .

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4) Stock / brushed finish fork lowers. One has a few DoD stickers on it that you'd need to remove and both have some complimentary bugs & road grime. They still have the long orange reflectors.

T
PM sent.......

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Pm sent twice

I have a new hd 10" windshield clear,installed and
removed right away. Any of you need this windshield it's your's , but you will have to pay shipping if to far away to pick up. Have a great and safe new year. Also have stock mirrors and a 12" wind splitter used but in great shape,let me know.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts