Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a PBR 300x2 be mounted on top of an aftermarket head unit or do I need some sort of bracket to mount? I will only be running one amp so no need to worry about making room for a second, at least right now.

Also need head unit recommendations and speakers. I had all alpine with Infinity Kappas in the last bike and it sounded killer.

It seems the mm651's are all the rage now but I am thinking a marine grade speaker maybe.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Drew

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
h-donut makes and sells a bracket for the amp you're speaking of. I will bring mine so you can see it in the morning. I was waiting on a local seller to purchase the same amp for $135 cash if I picked it up. He hasn't gotten his order so I may have to go to someone else. As far as the unit goes. There are plenty of options. I will shown you what I settled on.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not gonna make it tomorrow as I just sold my old RG tonight. Not picking up the new one until Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I have heard of some guys buring up their amps because of the heat between the head unit and the amp. Just what I heard. When its time for me to add the amp, I'm just gonna buy a sheet of aluminum and fab it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts