Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Rockford Fosgate PBR330X2 and a pair of J&M Rockers for my '13 Road Glide Custom - my question is what are the optimum settings for the Gain and Frequency crossover on the amp?

·
Banned
845 Posts
Around 5 but if your good at listening, turn the auto volume control off, bass and treble to 3 or 4. Wherever u prefer. Then turn volume up until the bar is below the letter E in volume. Then start turning the gain up until it distorts then back it off a tad. Usually will be around 5

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
79 Posts
1) On the stock H/K- Harley head units set your bass and treble to flat settings. Flat is the middle smaller bar on the display
2) Use a favorite CD or song off your iPOD (make sure EQ settings on iPod are off as well).
3) Turn your gain control on the amp all the way down. This is usually the counterclockwise direction.
4) With CD/iPOD playing, turn head unit volume up until you hear distortion then turn it back down a little until distortion is no longer present. If you can turn your head unit's volume all the way up without distortion then back it down to 75% and proceed.
5) Turn your gain up until your hear distortion, then back the gain control down until the distortion is gone.

Easy peasy!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good replies, On my sound stream they have High Pass / Fixed /Low Pass
I was told that HP is the safest not full range of freq.
Fixed is Full range of Freq
LP is for subs

What range have you guys run
My top speakers are 2 ohm J&M 7.25" thinking of HP to be safe

inner are RF P165 thinking of Fixed for full range of sound.
Any opinions?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The best sound would be to leave the crossover at Fixed. I'd run the amp on Fixed and use the head unit to set the bass cutoff at 50hz. You can also do that setting in high pass on the amp, try it and see if it sounds passable. Especially if you're getting any distortion at volume or are worried about blowing your speakers. Using Fixed though I'd also watch your bass setting and volume at speed! HTH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts