Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta say, I am more impressed with the PC 5 everyday. I was a little indifferent at first; I bought it with a pre-loaded map because no one had a map for my exact set-up. It ran well but had some decel pop and the occasional pop between shifts. I was a little leery of trying to make adjustments myself, but after talking with FuelMoto, decided to venture into the world of self tuning. I am not sure what I was afraid of, but the PC5 is really simple to adjust. I have adjusted a few of the throttle position #'s at different RPM's and viola!! no more popping and it sounds pretty mean on hard decel...almost NASCARish! Does this qualify me to be a "tuner"?:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yes it does! lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
I gotta say, I am more impressed with the PC 5 everyday. I was a little indifferent at first; I bought it with a pre-loaded map because no one had a map for my exact set-up. It ran well but had some decel pop and the occasional pop between shifts. I was a little leery of trying to make adjustments myself, but after talking with FuelMoto, decided to venture into the world of self tuning. I am not sure what I was afraid of, but the PC5 is really simple to adjust. I have adjusted a few of the throttle position #'s at different RPM's and viola!! no more popping and it sounds pretty mean on hard decel...almost NASCARish! Does this qualify me to be a "tuner"?:D
you might want to look into a set of theses> http://www.amazon.com/Dynojet-Wide-Band-Commander/dp/B0030IHGGA

If you ride in elevation changing environments, I talked to a good tuner guy and he is packaging the 5 with these and says once your dialed in you have a 20% auto adjustment for AFM up or down.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
781 Posts
How hard is this to adjust? I'm thinking of buying a used one but if I need help with adjustment, than I should buy a new one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
How hard is this to adjust? I'm thinking of buying a used one but if I need help with adjustment, than I should buy a new one.
The website has some baseline downloads, then a dyno tune would be best to get it in the sweet spot. then the Auto Tune (if installed) will adjust AF up or down 20% for changing conditions like altitude.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pc v

Read a article in American Iron. Altitude and enviroment are regulated at intake a.k.a mass air flow sensor. Currently running 09 RG. PC-5 bungs capped. Bub header w/ Flying Hogs, Jet scream intake.72hp 84T.

·
Registered
781 Posts
So with the PV-C will the auto tune work if you use there download (which has my exact duals, mufflers and air filter)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts