Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys another happy ending, had SE255's and a PC-V put on/into my 2013 RGU....Shop manager takes bike for a ride, comes back; bike runs poorly, "Map must be wrong"..... I ride bike, bad...very bad, feels like running on one cylinder. down load and ride four more maps...still bad... I ask Tech, any chance timing could be off? Nope he says...

So I call FuelMoto, get Bob on the phone, explain issue, confers with Keith, "cam chain is off a tooth"...

So now I get to try and convince a Tech with 30 years experience that he has made a mistake, because I was just told so over the phone from someone in Wisconsin... Would YOU listen to this????

The tech fidgets for a moment, we agree it ran when it cam in, so lets look...after about two hours, going real slow, low and behold they (cams) are a tooth off.....

I have to give props to FuelMoto, and even more to my Tech who was willing to listen to a possibility of a mistake on his part.... All is good in Roadglide land!! CSM-H

And oh yeah, those SE255's pull hard...love it!!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Well guys another happy ending, had SE255's and a PC-V put on/into my 2013 RGU....Shop manager takes bike for a ride, comes back; bike runs poorly, "Map must be wrong"..... I ride bike, bad...very bad, feels like running on one cylinder. down load and ride four more maps...still bad... I ask Tech, any change timing could be off? Nope he says...

So I call FuelMoto, get Bob on the phone, explain issue, confers with Keith, "cam chain is off a tooth"...

So now I get to try and convince a Tech with 30 years experience that he has made a mistake, because I was just told so over the phone from someone in Wisconsin... Would YOU listen to this????

The tech fidgets for a moment, we agree it ran when it cam in, so lets look...after about two hours, going real slow, low and behold they (cams) are a tooth off.....

I have to give props to FuelMoto, and even more to my Tech who was willing to listen to a possibility of a mistake on his part.... All is good in Roadglide land!! CSM-H

And oh yeah, those SE255's pull hard...love it!!

The FM guys do this EVERY day ALL day. When you do things EVERY day ALL day you soon learn what makes things happen.

I have to admit, looking at the numbers, I wasn't a fan of the 255 cams, That was BEFORE I bought a CVO bike with the 255 cams in it. I can say that I'm pretty impressed with the way they run. I'm sure there's better, but they're pretty damn good.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I've been battling the same problem for a long time now after having cams put in. Jamie thinks their a tooth off but Harley isn't about to pull them back out to see so until I do it I just keep putting up with it. I'm glad you got them to check yours anyone can make a mistake hell I do daily it seems

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A tooh off...

I've been battling the same problem for a long time now after having cams put in. Jamie thinks their a tooth off but Harley isn't about to pull them back out to see so until I do it I just keep putting up with it. I'm glad you got them to check yours anyone can make a mistake hell I do daily it seems
Well you could go to Harley and do what Keith asked me to do with my "tech". Bring a compression tool (if you have one) as the service manager to come outside and do a compression test, front cylinder first then the back...if the compression if off between 5-15lbs....the cams are off a tooth....This is how I convinced my tech....the difference between front and back was 13lbs....

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. good luck, CSM-H

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
SE255 and Fuel Mileage!!!

Hey to all.....The "School BUs" Cams are performing very well. In and around town; 38 mpg average.....Hi-way; 42-44mpg over five tanks of gas.... Power is excellent!! If any one wants a cam that offers performance where "we" actually ride 90% of the time, this is it!!! Don't disregard because it's Screaming Eagle. CSM-H

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey to all.....The "School BUs" Cams are performing very well. In and around town; 38 mpg average.....Hi-way; 42-44mpg over five tanks of gas.... Power is excellent!! If any one wants a cam that offers performance where "we" actually ride 90% of the time, this is it!!! Don't disregard because it's Screaming Eagle. CSM-H
Was offered a set of 255's for $100. Now I'm kicking myself!!!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Was offered a set of 255's for $100. Now I'm kicking myself!!!

I've more than once Poo-poo'd the 255 cams, but now that I own a bike with them I really kinda like the way they run. If you're one that likes to bang it off the rev limiter with every shift they're probably not for you, but if you're content to be all done by 5000rpm or less,yet jump up to speed pretty quickly the 255s probably not a bad choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts