Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will probably get blasted...but I have a quick question.

I would like to do the header, pipes, air cleaner and EFI on my 13 RGC. I want a EFI system that I can push forward in the future for any engine mods. I really like and I am familiar with the PC V.

Right now, funds are tight...but I am thinking of installing the PC V on my stock RGC.

Will I see enough of a difference in installing in now to warrant not being patient for the rest of the system??

Thanks

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
PCV is Power Commander V or the Power Vision? When you install the PCV, it eliminates the use of the o2 sensors on your exhaust, so i dont think your bike would run, right. I would call and ask DynoJet or Dragos or Fuel Moto about it.
I dont think there would be any reason to install the PCV if you dont change the airbox and exhaust. And as said many times, you can change the pipes, or change the air box without needing a tune, but if you change both, you will need to change your tune.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was referring to the Power Commander V.

I was planning on call Jamie @ Fuel Moto.

I am really interested in the 2-1-2 Drago system...that is coming in the next few months. I was also looking at the Fullsac headers or HV X pipe.

As for mufflers, I was thinking about CFR's mufflers.

I just don't have the funds to spring for everything right now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It will help a great bit actually. You will be able to richen the stock tune up to help cool of that lean running stock motor and reduce some engine heat. Plus when you change the ac and pipes you will be ready with just a simple email to get a new tune

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
574 Posts
There won't be a noticeable difference without making the other changes. You are not getting more air in the engine and not pushing it out any quicker.

There are maps for a stock filer and stock exhaust for a 96, 103 and 110 engine. You can put it on an load the correct map if you just want to tinker around. Nothing wrong with that, just load the correct map.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoke with Fuelmoto and decided to jump to the pc and the stage 1 ac. It is a step towards my ultimate goal... Next will be slip-on pipes... Then headers, stage 3 and auto-tune unit.

Fuelmoto said that the pcv and the stage 1 will help and make a difference.

·
Registered
116 Posts
an email for a "good" tune??

It will help a great bit actually. You will be able to richen the stock tune up to help cool of that lean running stock motor and reduce some engine heat. Plus when you change the ac and pipes you will be ready with just a simple email to get a new tune

I apologize everyone, I know this is dirt old but what email address do y'all use to get a great tune? I have a 12 RG ultra, ive taken off the tour pack, added CFR'S and a new air filter. had to spend the rest on a new sound system, Harley really sucks in that department.

thanks in advance for the replies,
jeff6146

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
I apologize everyone, I know this is dirt old but what email address do y'all use to get a great tune? I have a 12 RG ultra, ive taken off the tour pack, added CFR'S and a new air filter. had to spend the rest on a new sound system, Harley really sucks in that department.

thanks in advance for the replies,
jeff6146
What tunner are you running ????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts