Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Ultra with stage 1, running PCV. No plans to add anything else. For best results should I have it dyno`d or replace the PCV with a Power Vision and rely on the basic auto tune? Appreciate input, on the fence as to how best spend my money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My local stealer did their best to scare me away from the PCV today, recommending that i replace it with HD tuner. New tuner and dyno time $907.00

·
Banned
60 Posts
Use what you have if you intend to stay that close to stock. It will work fine, however, we offer the direct link flash tuners for close to the same price as the Power Commanders and you have the function of a flash tuner without the potential if the Power Commander failing. The Power Commanders here are tuned considerably less money than someone else quoted here. We don't even charge the more extreme rate for a flash tuner. With the setup you have and intend to keep, you likely won't know the difference in a goor tune from one device to another.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
You already made the expense, stick with it. I am with FrankieB, if you are not planning any more mods, stick with it and get it dyno tuned.

If starting over, definitely go with the Power Vision. Really pleased with mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, here goes. The PCV you have is a great tuner and it's one downfall is that all you can adjust with is is fuel. With the PowerVision you can adjust more. If I were in your shoes I'd stay with the PCV. The tuner I've got here in Reno charges $250 and is an artist.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Really a matter of what you want. PCV is very user friendly and many of the canned maps will get you close to nirvana. Nice thing is PCV can go with you. Relatively easy to use even for a layman.

Power Vision is a bit more complex, and does flash the ecm. Can be married to multiple bikes by paying a license fee per bike.

I am currently using a PV w/AT Pro but have run the PCV for about 300k since 2006 most of the miles with Auto Tune.

I chose the PV on the S&S 124 since S&S had canned maps on their website and I could dial it in with the AT/Pro.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
OK, here goes. The PCV you have is a great tuner and it's one downfall is that all you can adjust with is is fuel. With the PowerVision you can adjust more. If I were in your shoes I'd stay with the PCV. The tuner I've got here in Reno charges $250 and is an artist.
The PCV can and does have the ability to change timing + or - 20 degrees from the factory setting and can also make that adjustment to individual cylinders. The fact that most shops don't use it doesn't mean it's not there. To the OP, you already have the PCV so I would just get it tuned.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Hard to imagine a dyno tuner using perhaps the easiest module on the planet to tune with and being dubbed an "artist" and doesn't even adjust the timing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts