Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working with DynoJet on my map because of some popping during shifting. So yesterday he had me set the 0% throttle position. Well that ended up setting the 100% number very close to the 0%, so with just a small blip of the throttle, the program would go straight to 100% throttle.

Today, he wants me to set the 100% throttle position, too. The Help file says do not crack the throttle to 100% on Throttle by Wire (TBW) motors unless you are on a dyno. I mentioned this and he said plenty of people do it. He did say the base numbers for that model are 0%= 0.770 & 100%= 4.300. Is this safe or is there another way? Just set it to 4.300?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Avoid all this headache and just get the Autotune module.
Agreed. I’m planning getting a Power Vision soon, but for right now, I’m just trying to get the bike to run a bit better. I did the 100% Throttle Position setup last night. Not a big deal if you twist it fast and let it go. The voltage jumped right up to 4.642, and I hit OK to set it. Runs better with the new map, but I’m calling them back today to help get rid of some decal pop.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Working with DynoJet on my map because of some popping during shifting. So yesterday he had me set the 0% throttle position. Well that ended up setting the 100% number very close to the 0%, so with just a small blip of the throttle, the program would go straight to 100% throttle.

Today, he wants me to set the 100% throttle position, too. The Help file says do not crack the throttle to 100% on Throttle by Wire (TBW) motors unless you are on a dyno. I mentioned this and he said plenty of people do it. He did say the base numbers for that model are 0%= 0.770 & 100%= 4.300. Is this safe or is there another way? Just set it to 4.300?
On drive by wire models you cannot reset throttle position without having the bike on a dyno and the ability to put the bike under load. If you it reset even if you open the throttle quickly it will not be correct because the throttle blade is not proportional to the twist grip. To fix this go to Power Commander Tools/Calibrate/Throttle Position and manually enter these values: Min .7 Volts/ Max 4.3 Volts. You can start the bike and watch the "current" voltage and put it in "minimum" and you will be good to go.

For your decel popping I would go into each fuel table an at 10% in the 0% column from 1750-5000 RPM's, send the map and give it a try.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Jamie, really appreciate it. I think I’ll call you this afternoon and go ahead and order the Power Vision. Maybe I can talk you out of a better map for my PCV to run while I’m waiting for the Power Vision to show up ;).

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Thanks, Jamie, really appreciate it. I think I’ll call you this afternoon and go ahead and order the Power Vision. Maybe I can talk you out of a better map for my PCV to run while I’m waiting for the Power Vision to show up ;).
We would be happy to help out

·
Registered
528 Posts
We would be happy to help out
Jamie, the PowerVision has been an amazing tuner for my bike. I love it.

I sent over a Canadian friend from another delphi forum your way to pick up the same. I think he ended up getting the power package. I know he's going to be very happy.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I am very pleased with the Power Vision I got from Fuel Moto.

When I got it I had cams installed with a new 2:1 Rush exhaust. The indy who did the install got the O2 sensors hooked up backwards and told me it runs great. On the way home it started popping and missing. My first thoughts were "I supplied the parts so it is my problem to figure out". After finding the O2 sensor problem, I switched them and took the bike for a ride. Still some popping but no missing. I turned on Basic Autotune and went for a ride in all 'normal for me' situations. When I got home I saved the tune and downloaded the autotune map.

Bike runs fantastic, no popping, no missing, just GOOOOOOO. Great product.Basic Autotune saves a lot of head scratching and repeating new words I learned.
JMO.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just hung up with Fuel Moto and ordered a Power Vision. Hopefully a new map for my PCV will show up today so I can run it over the weekend. Sunny and high 70's all weekend here in Florida. Sorry, Northeast...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts