Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a PC V for my 2013 RG because it was running extremely hot. Like cooking your legs hot after a 30 minute ride.

Used to have the SE mufflers with an SE A/C on there but switched the entire exhaust over to Rinehart Racing Extreme True Duals 4" Mufflers.

Had it installed and tuned by a local shop and have to admit that the extreme engine heat was greatly reduced and throttle hesitation at freeway speed acceleration has been eliminated.

Buddy of mine with a CVO Road King insist that I should have went with a TTS setup and had it tunes by Doc in South Florida.

Any opinions from those with actual knowledge / experience between the 2?

Riding 2-up to Sturgis this year from Florida and don't need any issues along the way...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Is the headpipe decatted? That's the heat source. What's nice about the PCV is you can take it off and still ride. (Disconnect)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
doc is one of the best tuners if not the best, especially if you live down south, if you have him at your disposal I would use him, I know he likes tuning with a tts vs a power vision or at least he used to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an entirely new "True Dual" exhaust system so there isn't a cat.

My buddy that is running TTS on both his RK and his wife's Sporty.

He had his wife trailer them down to Doc's for tuning. (By appt.)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have TTS on my 2012 FLTRX and have a guy as good as Doc on the West Coast. If you can find someone (Doc) that knows how to work with TTS then by all means go with it.

No matter what tuner you go with, it's the Dyno operator/tuner that will make the difference on how the bike runs. I have a local guy that says he can tune a bike with TTS, BUT the results are no where near what a good tuner that knows TTS can do.

Good luck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Carls Speed Shop in Daytona is a master with power commanders, you might want to check it out.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I run a power vision on my 2008 and went out to El Paso last year 5300 miles total. I had no problems with the power vision. Only problems I had was I lost a shift lever twice and I lost a hog cover. I also Blue a baffle out of my left side exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I also have the power vision , and since I do most of my mods I went with it, but a good dyno tuner is awesome, but the only guy who is really good around me uses his own tuner of sorts, forgot what brand it is, the power vision to me is a excellent set up if you don't want to dyno tune, got mine from fuel moto and I love it. Good luck on your choice.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts