Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd pass this on to anyone who is thinking about running 2 maps in their PCV.
Here are the pictures of the switch I installed for running 2 maps. I bought the switch at Radio Shack. Probably would have looked better if I had bought an HD acc switch.
The first picture is the switch: 1C is the 1st map for city riding. Richer a/f ratio, cooler running, better performance, reduced mpg.
2h is the 2nd map for highway riding. Leaner a/f ratio, engine not as cool, reduced performance, better mpg.
Since 2h is leaner it is only for highway riding but with my oil cooler the engine shouldn't run that much hotter if at all. If for some reason it did get hot I can switch to 1c.
I put those letters on the rocker switch because keep in mind I'm old and my memory is short.
The 2nd picture is the pcv with the wires hooked into it that are also hooked up to the rocker switch. I used 24 gauge speaker wire.
The 3rd picture is the Power Commander screen on my laptop with the bike running. On the right hand side of the screen it shows I am running off map #1. If I flipped the rocker switch it would show 2.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you find the PCV is giving you more horse power??
When I put on the PCV I also swticed pipes from a slip on SE Nightstick and fuelpak to a D&D Boss Fat Cat full system eliminating the cats. I gained 5 hp and 6 ft/lbs of tq in the switch but don't know if it was the PCV or the D&D pipes or a combination of the two.
My bike does run better and smoother with the PCV than it did with the fuelpak. I bought the pcv from Fuelmoto and they installed the map.
Fuelpaks are ok and I'm not knocking them. I've had 2 in the past. This is my 3rd power commander and I've always thought my bikes have ran better with the pwr cmdrs. You have alot more capabilities with the pwr cmdr like the ability to run 2 maps or have your bike dyno tuned. You can't dyno tune a fuelpak.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I thought I'd pass this on to anyone who is thinking about running 2 maps in their PCV.
Here are the pictures of the switch I installed for running 2 maps. I bought the switch at Radio Shack. Probably would have looked better if I had bought an HD acc switch.
The first picture is the switch: 1C is the 1st map for city riding. Richer a/f ratio, cooler running, better performance, reduced mpg.
2h is the 2nd map for highway riding. Leaner a/f ratio, engine not as cool, reduced performance, better mpg.
Since 2h is leaner it is only for highway riding but with my oil cooler the engine shouldn't run that much hotter if at all. If for some reason it did get hot I can switch to 1c.
I put those letters on the rocker switch because keep in mind I'm old and my memory is short.
The 2nd picture is the pcv with the wires hooked into it that are also hooked up to the rocker switch. I used 24 gauge speaker wire.
The 3rd picture is the Power Commander screen on my laptop with the bike running. On the right hand side of the screen it shows I am running off map #1. If I flipped the rocker switch it would show 2.

Huh???

How are you running two maps? You can't load 2 maps into the PCV. You can load a base map and then you can load a true A/F map when using the Auto Tune feature, which you can then switch back and forth between the base map and the real time A/F map (I have mine setup this way). Without Auto Tune, I don't see how you can have two maps.

Unless you forgot to mention the Auto Tune, but I don't see the Auto Tune wiring at all connected to your PCV.

EDIT: Nevermind.... I forgot if you enable the map switch on the base unit without autotune, you can run two files.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh???

How are you running two maps? You can't load 2 maps into the PCV. You can load a base map and then you can load a true A/F map when using the Auto Tune feature, which you can then switch back and forth between the base map and the real time A/F map (I have mine setup this way). Without Auto Tune, I don't see how you can have two maps.

Unless you forgot to mention the Auto Tune, but I don't see the Auto Tune wiring at all connected to your PCV.

EDIT: Nevermind.... I forgot if you enable the map switch on the base unit without autotune, you can run two files.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program....

You had me going for a minute.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts