Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few buddies are heading that way the end of August so we are looking for ideas of what to see. We've never been to those two states and want to make sure we don't miss something big. We usually stay at KOA's and avoid the big cities. Any help is appreciated.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Really depends on your interests and points of travel, I guess...
HD Factory Tour in York Pa is pretty cool.
Straub Brewery in Saint Marys is neat (and free samples from "The Eternal Tap")
Zippo Factory in Bradford if you have interest.
Altoona has the Horseshoe Curve if interested in Railroads and such.
Bill's Bike Barn in Bloomsburg (fee here).
Pa Grand Canyon in Wellsboro Pa.
There is some great eats (not chain or fast food type places) in Pa also, again, depends on your tastes and likes/dislikes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We like to ride the twisties and see the country. We always make a point to eat at non chain places and stay away from big cities. HD tour would be cool and the canyon would be neat to see. We may dip down to West Virginia too.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Lots of great places to eat in Gettysburg like GarryOwens Irish Pub. The cheesesteaks at Battlefield Fries are pretty good also. If you're going to stay overnight i recommend the Lodges at Gettysburg. Outside of town on a ridge that overlooks the battlefield. From Gettysburg take 15 north to 94 west towards Carlisle. Then 74 west (Waggoners Gap Road). Stay on 74 (turns into Veterans Way). Great twisty ride across the mountains. Brings you to route 75. Turn right (north) to route 322. Head west. The first exit is Mifflintown. Couple of restaurants and gas stops right off the exit. From there Penn State University/State College is 40 miles west on 322. The Pennsylvania Military Museum is right outside of State College. Lots of places to eat. You can head down 99 towards Bedford and take 30 west (Lincoln Hwy) to the Flight 93 memorial or shoot south towards WV.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts