Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the winter build the trq and hp increase has been damn fun,clutch is starting to slip 4-5 gear shift and 5-6 gear shift,also when first started it slightly lurches forward,im thinking the lurching is warped discs and that I need to upgrade,currenty running 2012 stock clutch with screamin eagle diap spring,interested in what else is out there and others experiences,lots to choose from

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I installed the Rivera Primo last summer and couldn't be happier. I believe the Barnett is very similar. I was torn between the two and did the eanie, meany, miney, moe to decide.

The one thing to keep in mind is the clutch pull will be harder than with the stock clutch.

The other option is the Variable Pressure Clutch. This is added to your existing clutch and helps with a slipping clutch without adding any difficulty of clutch pull pressure. Whether or not this will be a good option depends on what engine mods you did. If your over 110-115 TQ. I would suggest something like the Rivera Primo.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm running the Barnett clutch. Agreed with Hullhorr, the pull is much harder. Shifting is nice and smooth, responsive. I'd recommend it if you don't mind the hard pull on the clutch lever.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I have the Rivera Pro Clutch on my RGC and love it, Lloyd at V-Twin Solutions installed it and the clutch pull is no stronger than stock.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the se diap spring which is firmer then stock,i run a bandit in my modified drag bike along with energy one plates,im actually thinking of running energy ones upgrade with more plates,guys that told me about it love them

·
Administrator
12,506 Posts
I have the SE race clutch, pull is a bit harder, but there's no such thing as slip.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just put a primo pro in my bike and put 200 miles on today, couldent be happier no more slip pull is almost to easy, lighter then stock with with a screaming eagle dia. Only caution I have is that the counter weights will hit on stock cover if it has a 103 badge in it, replaced with a standard cover and have no issues.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
SE spring is 320 psi and with a AIM Vp lock up stock plates will work great no issues.

QUOTE=jaysrgu;1883657]after the winter build the trq and hp increase has been damn fun,clutch is starting to slip 4-5 gear shift and 5-6 gear shift,also when first started it slightly lurches forward,im thinking the lurching is warped discs and that I need to upgrade,currenty running 2012 stock clutch with screamin eagle diap spring,interested in what else is out there and others experiences,lots to choose from[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
333 Posts
SE spring is 320 psi and with a AIM Vp lock up stock plates will work great no issues.

QUOTE=jaysrgu;1883657]after the winter build the trq and hp increase has been damn fun,clutch is starting to slip 4-5 gear shift and 5-6 gear shift,also when first started it slightly lurches forward,im thinking the lurching is warped discs and that I need to upgrade,currenty running 2012 stock clutch with screamin eagle diap spring,interested in what else is out there and others experiences,lots to choose from
[/QUOTE]

I run this set up and it works flawlessly.

·
Registered
98 Posts

QUOTE=jaysrgu;1883657]after the winter build the trq and hp increase has been damn fun,clutch is starting to slip 4-5 gear shift and 5-6 gear shift,also when first started it slightly lurches forward,im thinking the lurching is warped discs and that I need to upgrade,currenty running 2012 stock clutch with screamin eagle diap spring,interested in what else is out there and others experiences,lots to choose from
[/QUOTE]+1 on that combo

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanxs frank,ill be adding this to my setup with new plates hopefully next weekend along with the 611 cam from trq inc,more power coming!!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
As already stated, the creme' de la creme' is no doubt a set up from Bandit Machine Works(link from our site).
While we agree, the do come with a price.
That said, we have used/stock the AIM units here for almost 10 years now.
We combine the VPC92T, with a Barnett spring.
Never any slippage, even on our 124" kits with a Wood 9F(insta-torque).
Scott

·
Registered
205 Posts

[/QUOTE]

+2 on combo
Lever pulls like stock but hooks up everytime. Did Franks Diablo 2 with upgraded jugs (106) and 611 cam. Bike pulls like a champ.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm running the Alto Carbonite extra plate clutch kit along with the Barnett heavy-duty diaphragm spring and it's been a great setup. I've stood it up on 1-wheel more than once and when getting on it it feels like it can almost pull the front up in 2nd gear. Very strong no-slip setup for a good price.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I will add, that loooooooooong before these meassage boards, Bandit had their adjustable lock-up hat that was used in conjunction with their clutch set-ups.
Was not a plug/play set-up, as you had to know EXACTLY how to manipulate it.
(Hard to believe that before a message board, folks were doing anything, eh???)
Those would hold a V-Twin dragbike/slick/7000 rpm launch, to the point if you tried to ramp things in too quickly, the gearbox would holler ouch.
How do I know this?;)
Scott

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
scott i use energy one plates in my bandit lock up clutch in my drag bike,works pretty good,but for the road glide i went with the extra plate kit by energy one and just ordered the aim vpc and will be running this with a se diaphragm spring,thinking that will make her bullet proof,close the primary up and ride

1 - 19 of 19 Posts