Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I've been doing some reading since a buddy at work told me about using the Vance and Hines FP3. I had been planning to go with the TTS Mastertune like I had the last time I went through upgrading exhaust. When I talked to him I started looking into the FP3 and was interested in a lot of the reviews online and on these forums. What I couldn't get a solid answer to was whether the tuner uses as effective when paired with setups other than Vance and Hines pipes. Not that I have anything against V&H, it's just that I'm going with different pipes - likely Thunderheader 2-1 or Freedom Performance. The FP3 definitely sounds like a viable option but I'd love to hear from a few people that run other pipes and air cleaner combinations. I must've read 150 reviews and if they weren't saying something like "it shipped fast" or "great packaging" - yes those were two actual reviews - they talked about how much they liked the tuner with their V&H pipes. I assume it will work as well with other setups but I want to be sure and this is the place to ask. Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm using the FP3 with SE A/C and Freedom Performance true dual headpipes and "Combat" (tapered megaphone; comparable to the CFR's) mufflers. The FP3 was installed by V&H at the Rapid City HD dealership during the Sturgis Rally. No problems whatsoever. It's a Bluetooth device, and will connect to your IOS or Android device to adjust the tune, troubleshoot error codes, or display just about any data that is accessed via the bikes ECM.

That being said, nothing beats a good dyno-tune.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I'm using an FP3 on my '15 RG with a K&N replacement filter and a D&D Fatcat. The map I used was one for V&H parts as it seemed to run better than when I chose a generic one. Again, this was just my experience. I put a phone mount on the bike so I can see how the auto tune process is going or even check out other parameters. Awesome tuner for the money and be sure to talk to Drew at HogPro before you go anywhere else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
PF3 with different

I'm running Rinehart 3.5 with Magna Flow headers and stage 1 intake from Harley. The FP3 has worked flawlessly with this setup.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm getting ready to set it up with S&S Power Dual Headers and Rinehart 4.5" Slip Ons, and a Ness Big Sucker. What I don't understand is how my mechanic gets a map to it if I have the software on my phone? How does one dyno with an FP3?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts