Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip with about 4 guys from Phoenix to San Diego up the coast then back through Temecula and back to Phoenix. What is the typical weather around mid November? Any suggested roads, sights, trips, stops? Anything to avoid(other than major Interstates? Was going to go down through Yuma/ElCentro then over the mountains into San Diego.

·
Registered
654 Posts
San Diego weather is great year round. November is a great time to ride in SoCal. Be sure to ride the Palomar Mountain loop and also the ride in Southern San Diego County along Highway 94, although is relatively short, is very fun.

·
Registered
743 Posts
If you truly ride "up the coast" meaning Hwy 1 north of San Luis Obispo, plan on cold & possibly foggy (wet road). Temps tend to hover in the 50's along the coast road as the mountains hold the cold ocean air & fog along the coastline.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
So. Cal will be warm. Central Coast will be cold and possibly foggy in the morning. No. Cal will most likely be cold and possible rain.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah expect nice weather for your trip. there is a possibility of some fog along the coast in the AM. I second the 74 ortega hwy. At the summit there is a cool little biker bar called Hells Kitchen. Good food , cold beer. Just down the road from me. Watch out for the rice rockets in the early AM. Them guys is nutts!!:eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We were thinking of going up past LA maybe to Santa Barbara before heading inland to Temecula. Is it worth making a trip up to Big Bear Lake. Is it also worth it to do the Pines to Palms Highway from Palm Desert?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
From the valley I'd head 10W to Vicksburg Rd, 72 to 95 to Parker, 62 to Twenty-Nine Palms and Yucca Valley, 247 to Lucerne Valley. Can take 18 down around Big Bear Lake and onto 138. But this will put you north of LA - not a bad thing. Wind thru the Pasadena area and get to 27 (Topanga Canyon Rd) and take it down to Hwy 1.

Or 10W to Blythe then down 78 to Brawley and up thru Anza-Borrego into Julian and on to Ramona and into Dago.

Or take 8W to 94 (Ribbonwood Rd exit #65) and take it all the way to Spring Valley.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts