Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide which bars to go with. I'm torn between the KST renegade and Factory 47 bars. I like the idea of the 1.5 inch diameter. I think they would look great. For those that have the 47's, what are you using for a phone holder? I currently am using the tackform chrome mount. Absolutely love it. It's small and clean looking, easy one handed loading and unloading. Unfortunately it maxes out at 1.25 inches. Not saying a phone mount will dictate which bars I go with, but its definitely part if the equation.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Check out RokForm but it bolts on to switch housing. Very clean look and you have to buy there case which locks in to the mount.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I use iron aces mount and slip grip phone specific holder. Works great. Downside though is if u have a large phone (I have a samsung note9) itll cover up the bottom of the headunit. I prefer clean bars so I didnt want a mount on my bars so a sacrifice had to be made. I'm thinking of getting the kuryakyn gas tank lid accessory mount so I can use my head unit

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm currently using my Quad Lock mount and case on my 1.5" bars, but it is mounted right after the clutch mount, so it is tapering up to the full 1.5". I needed to wind two passes of hockey tape around the bar and ditch the rubber O-ring that it came with in order to mount it.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I have the ram mount with the 1.5" clamp mounted in the lower right bar and adapted the Ciro 3D to it. Before that I had the Ciro 3d clutch perch mount. The Ciro phone holder is awesome. I have my Note 10+ in it and its damn sure secure.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The Rokform Pro Series gets good reviews and mounts to the hand control perch not the bars so the size of the handlebars is not an issue.
Here's a link from Amazon. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Rokform-Motorcycle-Aircaft-Aluminum-Davidison/dp/B07B5G3VB1/ref=sr_1_5?hvadid=78134156762958&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=rokform&qid=1567480403&s=gateway&sr=8-5[/ame]
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Right now I have a Ram Mount with a bar mount ball that I bought off Amazon for my 1.5" Bars. When I bought it 3 years ago it was the best thing I could find. If I were doing it again, I would do the perch mount Ciro 3D mount. I like my ram mount ok but the Ciro mount is a one handed affair you can permanently run your USB to.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I use iron aces mount and slip grip phone specific holder. Works great. Downside though is if u have a large phone (I have a samsung note9) itll cover up the bottom of the headunit. I prefer clean bars so I didnt want a mount on my bars so a sacrifice had to be made.
Thanks for sharing, I like mine as well!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
After getting a new phone, my case wouldn't fit my Iron Aces mount. I got an ioMount from Klockwerks.

Reactions: seetiggergo

·
Registered
627 Posts
After getting a new phone, my case wouldn't fit my Iron Aces mount. I got an ioMount from Klockwerks.
Just a thought...you could have just upgraded device cradle on your Iron Aces Mount instead of buying a new complete mounting system.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Just a thought...you could have just upgraded device cradle on your Iron Aces Mount instead of buying a new complete mounting system.
Didn't see one for the Dog and Bone Case I have. Still have my Iron Aces Mount.

Reactions: seetiggergo
1 - 17 of 17 Posts