Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,822 Posts
I got a Cell Buckle. I really like it, it's not permanent and I have the option of removing it if I like. It's rubber and holds the phone really well. I've never had a problem with it after using it a couple years now. This link is for a 2 pack for two different sizes, for $20.

Cell Buckle Universal Electronic Device, Cell Phone and MP3 Player Mount | 125-944 | J&P Cycles
Just curious, have you ever used your Buckle to hold a GPS? When those first came out I thought it was a perfect solution to having a quick and easy mount for those rare occasions when I wanted to use my Garmin on the bike. They had a booth at Laconia a couple years ago and they said it wasn't recommended for mounting GPSs but I don't remember why.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just curious, have you ever used your Buckle to hold a GPS? When those first came out I thought it was a perfect solution to having a quick and easy mount for those rare occasions when I wanted to use my Garmin on the bike. They had a booth at Laconia a couple years ago and they said it wasn't recommended for mounting GPSs but I don't remember why.
No I haven't. It's probably due to size. My new phone is a little bigger than my last and I've noticed the Cell Buckle is about out of room to fit this phone. My wife has that Google tablet phone, it's huge and I don't think it would fit in the buckle. I would say that would probably be the reason why. Order one from JP and see if it works, worse case you have to return it to them, they are pretty good about it, or try Amazon half the time if you return something you get to keep it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Currently using a Kuryaken tech mount for my IPhone on 1.25" Carlini. Going to a 1.5" Factory 47 Bar. Anyone know of any mounts that will fit a 1.5"? Thanks
Check out the mount from Iron Aces. It is a little plate that mounts to the tach/speedo housing and is almost hidden when the phone bracket isn't on it. Then you use the Ram X mount that they also sell. Really good set up. A few on here have it. A good thing is it will hold an iPhone, a gps, or any other device of that size.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just throw my phone into the one of the glove boxes. I'm not going to answer it while I'm on the bike and I've never lost it.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks like a re-branded (and more expensive) TechGripper

I think that's what I'm going with.
It is actually. But they don't try to hide it. It's clearly stated in their video on that site. Looks like a really nice unit. I'd rather have it low on the bars but it appears there's not too many choices. Iron aces is just ridiculously expensive. I would like to try the "buckle" but I just don't think I could be comfortable placing my $700 phone it and taking my eyes off it. If it were wider and more solid mounted...maybe. If I don't go with "tech gripper" I may try boring out my Kuryaken tech mount to 1.5"

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rider's Claw - Phone Motorcycle Mounts
This is what I have. Quality piece but not cheap.
This is the best looking one yet. Good quality piece with no springs or anything that could break or wear out. But again, why not a bar mount I wonder? May have to settle for control mount. Rather not have it up in the wind and bugs. Prefer it down low protected by the fairing. Thanks for all the info folks.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been looking for a nice phone mount for months. Love the Iron Aces mount but the cost is crazy. The Riders Claw looks like a really nice piece for the money. I'm a chrome guy and think it will great on my bike. Thanks for all the options.

·
Registered
324 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts