Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted the phone on there lowers, maybe foreseeing the glove-box , I know that there is a IronAce mount but I just cannot stand the Phone mounted horizontally and if I mount it vertically it will obscure the gauges..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
They make mounts that mount nest to controls on bars...I use an iomount.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
IMO Ciro3d makes the best phone mount out there. Mount it any direction you want.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Has anyone mounted the phone on there lowers, maybe foreseeing the glove-box , I know that there is a IronAce mount but I just cannot stand the Phone mounted horizontally and if I mount it vertically it will obscure the gauges..
I would think that mounting a phone on the lowers would be a hazard while riding.
There are many handlebar mounts that are within eye level and easy to answer the phone with an ear piece.
I personally use a Quadlock, https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/shop-moto
Best of Luck on Your decision.
Mike U.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use a tackform. No complaints

Reactions: Gotchu99

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted to move it away from the handle bars.. it's paired to the boom box so I can see who is calling me and I use a Bluetooth headset connected to the phone.. anyway .. I know of all the bar mount phone holders ECT .. I just would like the phone to be not so much in my face, but still be able to see it if needed... I'm sure I will work something out..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
I wanted to move it away from the handle bars.. it's paired to the boom box so I can see who is calling me and I use a Bluetooth headset connected to the phone.. anyway .. I know of all the bar mount phone holders ECT .. I just would like the phone to be not so much in my face, but still be able to see it if needed... I'm sure I will work something out..

I have never seen a setup like that, but. What I have done since my phone is paired to the boom box, I have put it in one of the saddle bags. Still seems to work pretty good and since I lock the bags, I do not have to worry when I forget to take the phone when getting off the bike.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Reactions: Gotchu99

·
Registered
7,479 Posts

I'm sure that if you are handy and mechanically inclined You would be able to take a handlebar phone mount and adapt it to attach to the Lowers.
Mike U.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I’m another very satisfied user of the Klock Werks mount, and one of my main reasons is that it is the most pleasing mount to the eye when not in use. The magnet on a half ball is ingenious, and the positions are infinite and simple. I understand your concern about being “in your face”. Most of the time, my phone is in my jacket pocket or plugged in in the glove box, but when I do want it, since I used the switch housing mount, it is very much out of the way, physically and visually.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’m another very satisfied user of the Klock Werks mount, and one of my main reasons is that it is the most pleasing mount to the eye when not in use. The magnet on a half ball is ingenious, and the positions are infinite and simple. I understand your concern about being “in your face”. Most of the time, my phone is in my jacket pocket or plugged in in the glove box, but when I do want it, since I used the switch housing mount, it is very much out of the way, physically and visually.
I know this is a dead thread, but I put on 1 1/2" F47's and now need a new mount. I was looking into the KW mount, is that a double magnet set up? Seems sketchy? If I see it correctly, the mount is on the bike, then the round "extender" part (which is a double sided magnet) then a plate on the back of the phone. Ever have any issues? I loved my old mount, never was worried. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKT8FBZ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ARYW5WZZNQLVY&psc=1
It just wont fit on the thicker bars.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I know this is a dead thread, but I put on 1 1/2" F47's and now need a new mount. I was looking into the KW mount, is that a double magnet set up? Seems sketchy? If I see it correctly, the mount is on the bike, then the round "extender" part (which is a double sided magnet) then a plate on the back of the phone. Ever have any issues? I loved my old mount, never was worried. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKT8FBZ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ARYW5WZZNQLVY&psc=1
I have KW/IOMount one, its really great. If you have a hard case, you can put the disk on the case, I have a pretty thin case, so I put the disc on my phone, and then cut a round hole in my case to accommodate. The disc is not a big deal, very thin.

Been to Sturgis and back twice, several other trips, no issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use a Rokform. they case is magnetic but also has a X slot on the back that can lock into their mount. nice bar mount allows to mount portrait or landscape. I have enjoyed mine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use a Rokform. they case is magnetic but also has a X slot on the back that can lock into their mount. nice bar mount allows to mount portrait or landscape. I have enjoyed mine.
How much thicker is the case for this? Seems like it would be thick to snap onto the holder?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I know this is a dead thread, but I put on 1 1/2" F47's and now need a new mount. I was looking into the KW mount, is that a double magnet set up? Seems sketchy? If I see it correctly, the mount is on the bike, then the round "extender" part (which is a double sided magnet) then a plate on the back of the phone. Ever have any issues? I loved my old mount, never was worried. Amazon.com: GUB Bicycle & Motorcycle Phone Mount, Aluminum Alloy Bike Phone Holder with 360° Rotation Adjustable for iPhone X XR Xs 7s 8 Plus, Samsung S7/S6/Note5/4 GPS Mount 4 to 6.5 Inch (Black)
I know you can’t go to a dealer right now due to the virus, but when you can, check one out. It’s hard to explain, but the round extender part is stainless steel. The “plate” (looks like a thin silver dollar) is mounted to the back of your phone with adhesive. I recommend mounting it on your phone cover. The magnet is concave, to pair up with the convex shape of the extender, the other side of the magnet is flat, to match the flat plate on your phone. This allows the magnet to move about on the extender, to position it darn near anywhere you want it. The magnet is STRONG, and when not in use, can either be left on the extender, or stowed (I keep mine in the left glove box. Your phone appears to be “floating”, with no visible bracket holding it. When not in use, you don’t see an ugly bracket sitting there. You see the extender, but it is stainless steel and sort of blends in with the bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts