Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has mounted a phone holder on their bars and somehow ran a charging cable out the backside of the jukebox compartment up the forks and up the handlebars to the phone. Obviously there would have to be enough “slack” in the cable coming out of the fairing to allow the forks to go from lock to lock. I would just like to have my phone on my bars but also have it charging and playing my music via the USB. Thanks in advance. I just recently joined and I’m loving this forum!

Regards,
Matt

PS: I searched but didn’t find anything that answered my question

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have used holders from https://www.proclipusa.com/ for years. There is a hardwired option, that I mount under the seat, run the cable up under the tank dash to the gauge cluster and to the bars, they have a bar mount, and it charges the phone while docked in the cradle. They are pricey, but they work.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I put on a Ciro phone mount that charges the phone. The only problem is I don't have a 3-inch charging cable that plugs in and has a Note 8 charger in the end. Anyone know of a site that sells 2-3 inch charging cables?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Saw one last week, the guy ran the charging cable inside the bars, and exited out at the left hand control. Had an iomount for his iphone, and a black charging cable. If I run into him again, I'll get some pics and ask what he used.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I put on a Ciro phone mount that charges the phone. The only problem is I don't have a 3-inch charging cable that plugs in and has a Note 8 charger in the end. Anyone know of a site that sells 2-3 inch charging cables?

Dude, Amazon has everything. This is 6".

USB Type C Cable,CableCreation Short 0.5ft Braided USB-C to USB A Cable Compatible with The New MacBook, Nexus 5X/6P & More,15CM Gray [56K Ohm Resistance]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info so far guys! Ideally I’ll run a charging / Lightning cable out the back of the jukebox compartment and up the bars to the mount.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My Samsung phone has a high speed charger and I didn't want to lose that capability by plugging into the stock Harley cable. So I tapped the power wires behind the 12 volt socket and put a 12V socket behind the fairing. Then I plugged the Samsung fast charger into it and taped it up securely so it doesn't come lose. Then I ran a cord out the fairing under the riser to my clutch cable up to my bar mount. Now I can quickly recover my charge to 100% after heavy usage even while using the phone for GPS and streaming. The stock Harley cord barely maintained the current battery level, forget about charging it if I'm using it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a holder installed and it is very convenient, there are no problems. This is my second holder. I used the first one for about a year and it was already worn out, so I threw it out. I was looking for a good replacement for a long time, but the stores did not have what I needed. My friend found out about this and advised me to visit site with Moto products. I decided to try it and found a great option there, high quality and inexpensive. I immediately ordered, delivered quickly and without problems. I've been riding my motorbike for a month now and there were no problems with the holder. Very happy with the purchase

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks for the info so far guys! Ideally I’ll run a charging / Lightning cable out the back of the jukebox compartment and up the bars to the mount.
I have a buddy that ran his inside the bars to the left side. left enough out to plug into his phone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try Wish

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did several mods that included running a charging cord from the right USB and using hook-n-loops holding it to the bar. I thought about running it inside the bar but I ran heated grips inside the bars and don’t know if there’s enough room. Since I carry two phones (work), I installed a 12v dual USB adapter, tying it inline with the lighter on the left and ran one charging cable to the right side and the other to the left. I know, overkill, but I‘ve been caught with a dead phone too many times. And if that’s not enough, I carry a spare cable and 110v adapter in my saddle bag. I also converted the outlet to a cigar lighter, just in case I need to light my cigar while out for a ride.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I just installed the Ciro non-powered holder with the bar mount. Wanted it a bit lower than the perch mount. So far, so good!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts