Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hmmm, that looks pretty cool. For the price i may try it. Im putting 1 1/2 dia bars on this winter and the existing bar mounted mount isnt gonna work. Been looking for something. Thanks

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Interesting looking option. I wonder how well it holds in place as it looks like it does not reach very far down into the CD slot but that may not be an issue with how it mounts using the knob to tighten. If I did not already have a mount I'd give it a try.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Probably workable inside a car. On a RG, probably a great way for rain to trash your stereo?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably workable inside a car. On a RG, probably a great way for rain to trash your stereo?

Jeff
Considering how it would be behind the windshield (possibly even under a shield that's taller) I wonder just how wet it would get?

·
Registered
950 Posts
But I thought we were supposed to park these things in the garage when it rains so they stay clean? :D
Rain, What's rain? Is it perhaps that wet stuff I ride in in the winter?

Unless it's actually snowing, which is rare in the Sacramento Valley, I still ride. It washes the dirt off the bike when I forget to clean it. :D

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Looks like a decent lil mount. I wonder how securely it mounts to the radio. That would be my only concern for sure. Price seems to be reasonable. May buy one anyway for the cage

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I don't think it'll be long before CD players go away all together. There are too many other, smaller, wireless and more efficient options. Having said that, I ordered 2, one for my daughter and one for me. I never use the CD player in my cage or on my Glide. Now I can use my Iron Aces mount for my Power Vision instead of my iPhone.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm curious about this... can't wait to hear how it works..

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I don't think it'll be long before CD players go away all together. There are too many other, smaller, wireless and more efficient options. Having said that, I ordered 2, one for my daughter and one for me. I never use the CD player in my cage or on my Glide. Now I can use my Iron Aces mount for my Power Vision instead of my iPhone.
Now that's a damn good idea!

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I still use my CD quite often, so it wouldn't work for me.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I ordered one. Seems pretty good. If it doesnt work out on the bike at least ill be able to use it in the truck since i dont use cd player anyways.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I still use my CD quite often, so it wouldn't work for me.
Same here. Easy to burn 100 or so different songs onto each of a few CDs (pennies worth) and ride, ride, ride... swap to a different CD the next day, etc. ad infinitum. Of course, I'm also the guy that doesn't even bother to leave his phone turned on while the ride, ride, ride is happening. I can check for calls when I decide to stop for a while.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hmmm, that looks pretty cool. For the price i may try it. Im putting 1 1/2 dia bars on this winter and the existing bar mounted mount isnt gonna work. Been looking for something. Thanks
I used the Iron aces mount for my iphone, Dont care about calls but I have all my music, plus it charges through the accessories button, 150.00 to my door, High end product, thought its worth it. im buying another one for my 10 glide that i picked up, yaffee bars so i want somethin hidden, not mounted to bars, never use cd always ipod now, your call

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine arrived this afternoon. It's simple and sturdy and looks like it should work fine. I'll be using it in the truck before it goes on the bike.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts