Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
It does look simple enough, however I wonder how well it would hold the phone straight with all the vibration coming from the front end? I would also be concerned about the tape on the fairing...

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I don't know if I'd trust it to hold the phone while moving down the road. They do however have a handle bar mount thingy I'd trust before the stick on one

·
Registered
79 Posts
While being a fan of NiteIze products in general, I do not like having to stick something to the back of the phone/case or would trust the magnet while hitting a pot hole or something. Having just gone through a couple ways to mount my iPhone to my bike, I will say the Ram X-Grip is hands down the easiest and best solution I have tried. I bought one of the cheaper ones that goes into the cd slot of the stereo and another that had a suction cup and they move around and are nowhere near as stable as the Ram products. Also, the X-Grip holds the phone with or without the case being on. I got mine through GPSCity and used the ADVRider.com discount code ADV152014 for 15% off (Ram stuff only). They have everything for mounting a GPS or phone and it's free shipping over $25. Do a youtube search for videos of people jumping and doing back flips on their MX bikes with a phone in the X-Grip to see how well it holds!

Here's a pic with the cheap CD slot holder and the new Ram set-up...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts