Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for photos of the Progressive Monotube front suspension drops.

Both 1" & 2" drop photos are appreciated.
Trying to get an idea of stance and ride height before install.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Stock

-2" monotubes front, -1" 940 rears

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I'm looking for, thanks!

Keep'em coming...

·
Registered
713 Posts
2 inch drop progressive

2 inch drop progressive drop ins and 1 inch lower in rear. hope this helps

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I have HD 1" lower springs, but just purchased the Progressive Monotubes and am debating keeping it 1" drop or 2" as well.
Heres mine with the 1", Sorry I have no before pictures because i had it done before i took possession. Tons of pictures on my build thread(link in my signature)

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
202 Posts
2 inch drop progressive drop ins and 1 inch lower in rear. hope this helps

Neuropac, nice scoot.. How do you like ride with the -2? BTW, you just confirmed that Blk uppers and chrome lowers look good!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Chi-town I like the ride alot however i prefer the suspension to be firm. I think it helped the handling and I haven't had any issues scraping my floorboards and i am aggressive in the twisties.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Chi-town I like the ride alot however i prefer the suspension to be firm. I think it helped the handling and I haven't had any issues scraping my floorboards and i am aggressive in the twisties.
you have the drop in springs right? Not the Monotube cartridges?

·
Registered
713 Posts
DED HD yes I have the drop ins from progressive with 2 in drop with se heavy fork oil with 1 in drop in the rear with shock mod by bitchn baggers rear shock is 11 in eye to eye. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did my Progressive 940 rear swap and Monotube 1" front drop this weekend.
More photos to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
After being at Shark Week, had some time to compare a few different glides and there front ends.
Hogwild and TracyB both have 21" front wheels, both and both have Progressive front lowering kit. Tracy lowered hers 2" and Hogwild lowered his 1".
I have Harley front 1" lowering kit, and all 3 of these set ups had very different heights. We compared them using sunglasses for measurements, bottom of the fairing to the top of the fender.
I should have compared a standard for reference, but what i could tell it seemed as though, HD's is only about 3/4" drop, and Progressive kit is more like 1.5+" drop and 2.5+" drop when comparing to stock height.
I.M.O. you will not want to drop more than 2" using the Progressive. any more than that and your fairing will be hitting the fender.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts