Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Damn, I’m out. :ROFLMAO:

I wanted a CRF300 (honda on/off road) when I first went shopping. Sat on it and could barely get my tip toes on the ground. The sales lady actually said “ummmm please don’t fall”.
I have 32" inseam. With my riding boots on I can flat foot but I have to roll my hips up from the sitting position if I want to put both on the ground and triangle them out a little.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
4,767 Posts
Man that is a cool bike - I love Guzzi's, almost picked one up last year for a good deal but someone else got there before me - it was an old classic, so I wasn't all that broken up about it as I'm not sure how easy or difficult it is to get parts for them up here.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Man that is a cool bike - I love Guzzi's, almost picked one up last year for a good deal but someone else got there before me - it was an old classic, so I wasn't all that broken up about it as I'm not sure how easy or difficult it is to get parts for them up here.
Pretty good supply chain to keep them running in the US, and I'm sure they ship to Canada. :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,706 Posts
Wow, she is a beauty. It’s got me thinking about putting that Honda XR650 dual sport I got sitting in the garage left over from my younger days and now mostly just collecting dust, on the chopping block to make room for something like this that I might actually ride. Yea, I think I’ll do that. Thanks for providing the needed incentive.
My XR 650 is still a kick start.....I want something the fires up with a push of the button!!!! The main reason I haven't replaced the XR is it still runs great!! And even at 60, I can still fire up the Ole gal, pretty easy...
But I haven't made my mind up as what cc, or what type I want to purchase for my next bike, to many dam choices......

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Nice Score Amigo.....did not know MG played in this space...with their funky lil flat motors....looks fun indeed
It is a naturally balanced 90 degree V-twin. When I think of flat motors, I think of boxer engines, like the BMW R engine and the Goldwing, but yes, the perfectly positioned for air cooling jugs are funky. :)

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Are we talking motorcycles or giving birth here?:ROFLMAO:
In my condition rolling my hips anywhere is painful, but nowhere close to as painful so my wife reminds me.

I said that because I have seen riders complain about seat height while refusing to get their tailbone off the seat and straddle the bike.

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
It is a naturally balanced 90 degree V-twin. When I think of flat motors, I think of boxer engines, like the BMW R engine and the Goldwing, but yes, the perfectly positioned for air cooling jugs are funky. :)
Is that a 90 degree (Ducati use to be the only true 90 degree) or a 45-60 like the Ape Motors? - So they just kinda shifted it a bit huh? - Pretty neat man - You would be hard pressed to find a better center of gravity balanced bike than the BMW Boxer set up...but funky as all get out too - I like this thing man and you are a Guzi Fool for sure

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Well damn. That does look like a lot of fun. My back issues would never allow that. Nerve damage prevents me from being able to pivot my foot around when tucked under or behind my knee to be able to shift. Get out there this weekend and get some seat time. Looking forward to this adventure if yours.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
In my condition rolling my hips anywhere is painful, but nowhere close to as painful so my wife reminds me.

I said that because I have seen riders complain about seat height while refusing to get their tailbone off the seat and straddle the bike.
I get what you're saying, it just made me laugh. I'm get off the seat when wheeling around an awkward parking lot.

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I just noticed it looks like the shifter pedal is on the right. Checked out the website and they use the same pedal on both sides, that's different.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I just noticed it looks like the shifter pedal is on the right. Checked out the website and they use the same pedal on both sides, that's different.
Now I am curious if they can be swapped. Break the shift lever, swap the brake lever to the other side and roll on home.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Is that a 90 degree (Ducati use to be the only true 90 degree) or a 45-60 like the Ape Motors? - So they just kinda shifted it a bit huh? - Pretty neat man - You would be hard pressed to find a better center of gravity balanced bike than the BMW Boxer set up...but funky as all get out too - I like this thing man and you are a Guzi Fool for sure
True 90 degree V-twin. Developed the first one in the 1960s.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,711 Posts
The red one is the adventure model, and while I like the color it does not come with any of the accessories except the luggage. I decided to go for the more refined gentleman look over the in your face attention grabbing look, and save some money in the process.
I was thinking that if I bought the red one, it would be easier for the rescue chopper to spot it from the air, when, after several weeks with the bike, I grew overconfident and the throttle hand outperformed my riding ability, and I got pitched over the handlebars and was waiting for the rescue crew to find me.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts