Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,704 Posts
That is such a good looking bike. I won't lie I've been searching up Guzzis since I saw this thread yesterday.
You too! Dealer network is the downfall though, nothing in reasonable distance to me.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,711 Posts
If any of you ever get to Italy, you need to go visit the MG museum. I haven't been there, but a relative has, and I also saw a video of it on some TV show a few years back. It's supposed to be spectacular in that this company goes back many years and I think they have one of every model they ever made on display.

Before my 'ex' lost her mind due to chemo and steroids, we had planned 3 years in advance to go to Italy for our 40th. I had planned a schedule that would have included factory visits/museum tours of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, and Moto Guzzi. Nice plan, but instead, we got divorced one month before our 40th. I'd recommend the trip, it's a lot less expensive!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
If any of you ever get to Italy, you need to go visit the MG museum. I haven't been there, but a relative has, and I also saw a video of it on some TV show a few years back. It's supposed to be spectacular in that this company goes back many years and I think they have one of every model they ever made on display.

Before my 'ex' lost her mind due to chemo and steroids, we had planned 3 years in advance to go to Italy for our 40th. I had planned a schedule that would have included factory visits/museum tours of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, and Moto Guzzi. Nice plan, but instead, we got divorced one month before our 40th. I'd recommend the trip, it's a lot less expensive!
a veterinarian friend of mine was going to school in Parma back in the late 70s and invited me over there to see an F1 race. a school mate of his was a track worker and could get us a free pass to the races. that spring he was accepted at OSU so those plans went to hell in a hand basket. he spoke of the guzzis in those days being flat out monsters on the roads.

@twowheeladdict i've read some reviews that state there's a lot of front-end dive, and vibration at lower revs. what's your take on the way this sweetheart rides?

i can't believe they actually have downloadable owners' manuals
AND service manuals
FOR FREE!!!

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
@twowheeladdict i've read some reviews that state there's a lot of front-end dive, and vibration at lower revs. what's your take on the way this sweetheart rides?

AND service manuals
FOR FREE!!!
I’ll let you know once I get to 1000 miles.
The front suspension does have adjustable preload and rebound, as does the rear.

Did whoever ma that statement make any attempt to adjust the suspension to his riding style?

Reviews are only useful if you know the reviewer’s riding experience, biases, and what they are comparing to.

This is not a race bike. This is not a Dakar bike. This is a comfortable, capable, adventure touring bike that in the right hands can be made to do things I couldn’t do on a 250cc Moto-X bike.

I feel some slight unobtrusive vibes that are typical of air cooled V-twins that tend to diminish after break in. I recall guys complaining about vibes on some Japanese bikes I have owned and I mentioned that they must never use machinery of any kind of they think this particular bike is vibrating too much.

You all missed 2022, but Moto Guzzi has been doing guided multiple day riding experiences in the US, and if you buy a Moto Guzzi by the end of the calendar year you get 1/2 the cost of the trip off the price of the motorcycle.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

Man, I would love to visit those places and ride a Moto Guzzi around Lake Como.

Ecoregion Map World Line Parallel

·
11,711 Posts
a veterinarian friend of mine was going to school in Parma back in the late 70s and invited me over there to see an F1 race. a school mate of his was a track worker and could get us a free pass to the races. that spring he was accepted at OSU so those plans went to hell in a hand basket. he spoke of the guzzis in those days being flat out monsters on the roads.

So close, but yet so far!

AND service manuals
FOR FREE!!!
It's been my personal experience that to own any Italian made vehicle, you either need to be a certified tech, or have one on speed dial. So, they just accept the fact that every owner is likely to need one. Lack of dealers, and lack of long-term successful dealers, adds to the DIY motivation and need for easy access to manuals. Smart on their part to make them readily available. Seriously, they've all gotten more reliable in recent years.

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
11,711 Posts
Man, I would love to visit those places and ride a Moto Guzzi around Lake Como.

View attachment 444475
Do you remember Edelweiss Motorcycle Tours? I haven't looked at their site since covid, but before that they offered about 30 different tours in Europe. 1 or 2 were tied to Moto GP races at the end of the week. I had looked into them on a couple of occasions, but never had the money, time, and open schedule all at the same time as their Italy tour which I think also took in parts of France and Great Britain. Some of their tours were as much as 10 days in that area. You have your choice from about 6-8 different bikes, they have a truck that hauls any luggage or other items you don't want to take on the bike with you to each night's hotel locations. Excellent accomodations and excellent restaurants for lunch and dinner. I aways heard only good things about their tours from people who had done one.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

AND service manuals
FOR FREE!!!
Not what I bought it for, but...

·
11,711 Posts
I really like that bike, if one ends up my next to my glide, it's all your fault!! 1st the "Dixxon addiction" now this!! (y):D
Yup, hanging around here can get very expensive!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
How do the two compare, ride/power/balance?

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
How do the two compare, ride/power/balance?
T7 more off road oriented. If it had been offered with tubeless wheels, cruise control, and at the same price I would have probably bought one a year ago. The Tuareg answered the call, and with better suspension, but my goal isn't to ride off road and use the pavement to get to the next off road. My goal is to put the GPS on a route, and not turn around if the road turns to dirt or gravel.

On paper power is similar. Until the break in service is performed I am unable to access the full power of the V85TT.

The Moto Guzzi is a better "touring" bike, while the Tenere is a better off road bike. Both in their base configuration the Tenere weighs 50 lbs less. You notice the 21" wheel in the curves.

I have ridden the T7, but my buddy won't ride mine until after the break in service.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You're killing me, just when I let the urge go to get a dual sport for mainly dirt, you go and post up a Tenere. There has been nothing listed around here for a realistic price I would go for. Did hesitate on a KTM 450 six days edition and it went quick. Still trying to justify one. Sold my LTZ400 quad a few years ago due to no one to ride with and tired of riding around the property. The RGS is the go to for road, no desire for a dual for the street. The European brands draw my attention, different from the crowd with quality engineering and power. Yet the T7 and Africa Twin screams Dakar, so they are an exception. Definitely don't want a top heavy adventure bike.

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
You're killing me, just when I let the urge go to get a dual sport for mainly dirt, you go and post up a Tenere. There has been nothing listed around here for a realistic price I would go for. Did hesitate on a KTM 450 six days edition and it went quick. Still trying to justify one. Sold my LTZ400 quad a few years ago due to no one to ride with and tired of riding around the property. The RGS is the go to for road, no desire for a dual for the street. The European brands draw my attention, different from the crowd with quality engineering and power. Yet the T7 and Africa Twin screams Dakar, so they are an exception. Definitely don't want a top heavy adventure bike.
Tenere 4 gallons, V85TT 6 gallons. So figure the extra range makes up 15 or more pounds of the weight difference. Shaft drive probably makes up some weight difference as well.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts