Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, anyone have pics of this setup? I sent a note to Madstad, they only had 1 from a not great angle

Any help appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I bought one from a forum member in the fall but haven’t put it on yet; will happen in the spring...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Since you’re not getting a ton of replies yet, I’ll try to past a couple pics of mine. Right size but wrong color. Mine is light tint. IMG_5180.JPG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just so you know. I,m 6ft4 I went with the 15in one first an it was to tall, Sent it back an got the 13in dark tint an it works great. I can smoke a cigar behind it with no problem. 13in I,m looking over it. 15in I was not.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Since you’re not getting a ton of replies yet, I’ll try to past a couple pics of mine. Right size but wrong color. Mine is light tint.
Thanks a ton. Will have to really think about this. I'm pretty sure I had a 13" on my 2013 FLTRU, but on 15+ they only offer 12 or 14.

Might just go with 12 and adjust it up.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Don’t think you can go wrong either way. If you ride 2up a lot may want to lean toward taller.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don’t think you can go wrong either way. If you ride 2up a lot may want to lean toward taller.
Well thats the thing, I really don't.

But I DO smoke cigars, and with the 13" on my 13 FLTRU I could. I have an LRS on my 17, and the cigar thing aint happening, so I'm hoping the Madstad will do the trick again, and that the new geometry of the 15+ bikes isnt different enough to make it impossible.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Well thats the thing, I really don't.

But I DO smoke cigars, and with the 13" on my 13 FLTRU I could. I have an LRS on my 17, and the cigar thing aint happening, so I'm hoping the Madstad will do the trick again, and that the new geometry of the 15+ bikes isnt different enough to make it impossible.
I remember when I first put the madstad on my 15 I thought it was a little better than on my 13 - both ultras. Now - probably just used to it - but it seems the same. Don’t smoke, but I don’t have any trouble wearing a ball cap when I ride. Started w mine fairly high for wife but I’ve dropped it down now & neither of us has noticed a real difference.

Good luck ........ & stop smoking : )

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember when I first put the madstad on my 15 I thought it was a little better than on my 13 - both ultras. Now - probably just used to it - but it seems the same. Don’t smoke, but I don’t have any trouble wearing a ball cap when I ride. Started w mine fairly high for wife but I’ve dropped it down now & neither of us has noticed a real difference.

Good luck ........ & stop smoking : )
The cigars are a bad habit, I'll admit.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The cigars are a bad habit, I'll admit.
Couldn’t resist messing w you - and figured you couldn’t reach me through the computer : )

Enjoy them & ride safe!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My modified madstad. Cut down a LESS Threasher and mounted it on my madstad brackets

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts