Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
23 pickard trees came in today, I plan on tearing bike down Monday, wheel should be here by next Thursday... Bad Dad wrap fender already painted and ready to go.. Just a few questions, what weight fork oil are you guys running 20 or 30 weight....was a hyd press required to press stem in upper tree......and GONEBLACK how many C clips did you end up using on your monotubes to get the ride right.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Meant to say Reficul, not GONEBLACK

·
Registered
260 Posts
C clips all depends on how much your dropping if your going the full 2 its none and just the big and small spring. If your going one Its just the big spring and 2 c clips i believe

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
River rat, I have a 1" drop on it now with 2 clips and it still bottoms out on hard bumps and drive way entrances, been advised to add clips to firm it up.... Guess ill find out next week, huh....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trees and wheel, are in.....

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wheel on with no trees, i had to see if i liked the look.......Nah, didn't like it.....plus, i dinged the fender with the clutch adjuster nut.......back to paint....tearing the bike in the morning, since its raining here all weekend....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
What up man! I used 5 clips on each side of my lowered mono tubes and 20 Wt. Fork oil. I weight 315 and I two up a lot so I like the front end a little firm. Don't forget the bottoming cups in the forks if you go with the lowering kit
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What up man! I used 5 clips on each side of my lowered mono tubes and 20 Wt. Fork oil. I weight 315 and I two up a lot so I like the front end a little firm. Don't forget the bottoming cups in the forks if you go with the lowering kit
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks, Reficul......we are in the same weight class ( 6'6" @ 320 ) so all advice from you is very much appreciated.....i ordered the cups extended cups when i ordered the trees...... hopefully everything will go together without a hitch, but, I will inbox you if needed since you have traveled this road.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tore it down

Tore the bike down this morning after a 13 hour night at work, pretty straightforward considering I've torn it down about 4 times now..will take the forks with tonight and assemble them tonight on my breaks, mocked up the trees, hopefully everything will go smoothly and I'll have it together by Friday... Will post pics tomorrow, kinda worn out.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing the pics as well. I'm waiting for my trees and some other parts to come in so I can put my 23 on my bike as well.

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
I'm looking foward to picks also....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going back together

Took of work Thursday night, so I could start putting bike back together early Friday morning, got a late start on it but, e wry thing went together semi smoothly ( nothing due to trees, just me rushing ), had to disassemble forks from trees twice, but they are buttoned up, just have to reconnect all wiring ( including dang stereo ) and put the outer fairing back on...I know ' pictures ' they are coming......

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
finished

finished the bike Saturday morning, and rode all day Sat and Sun, rides like its on rails.......trying to upload pics, but , keep getting an error code ( i think they exceed the size limitations ) i will resize and try again.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pics

Posted a few pics on my user cp. had trouble getting them on this post....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts