Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the wife and I went back to Daytona Bike Week and stopped by just to look at trailers. Well that "look" turned expensive as I picked up a Bushtec Tow Tow model. This one is multi-purpose as it is a Dog hauler so we can pull Jax (Golden Retriever) or use it as a regular trailer. This one came with a fold down rear end so the dog can walk right into it, and I also picked up the bikini top for shade. This was my first time pulling a trailer and there's nothing to it. You don't even know it's back there as handling was the same. Hopefully Jax will appreciate the test ride today, if not I still have a trailer.

Next is to get it painted

·
Registered
462 Posts
Congrats! We had one for years - I thin k it's one of the best made. Enjoy!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Give us an update once you've got Jaz used to riding. Mine sits in a kennel bolted to a HF modified HF frame. Not the classiest but the dog loves to go. Guess it beats sitting at home doing nothing.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you following Jock from the CVO forum around? :D He just got one the other day as well.
Not yet but I'll check it out

Should look even better when painted to match your road glide.

Agree as I feel like I'm wearing a white full face helmet ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Give us an update once you've got Jaz used to riding. Mine sits in a kennel bolted to a HF modified HF frame. Not the classiest but the dog loves to go. Guess it beats sitting at home doing nothing.
Test ride went ok today but it was too hot for putting around the neighborhood and Jax had too much play where he could put his paws over the edge. Once I shortened the harness, then he seemed better. I'll get some cool pads for him to lay on.

Thats a nice looking trailer.
Overall not too bad. I plan on moving my Python Razor 2 into 1 to the CVORGU as they are much quieter than my RB racing, and also the exhaust is at 90 degrees from the bike. I planned on installing them on that bike anyway.

Here are some picks while Jax ran for a bit.

Also picked up the stand for save garage space

·
Registered
690 Posts
Very cool!

I have a Boxer that I think would love to ride, and I have been wanting a hack for her, but this is a much better option.

Does the trailer come with 2 lids (tops), or is there a piece that fits into the opening for the dog?

How hard is it to change it out from a dog hauler to a regular trailer?

You may have just made my wife mad, LOL

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very cool!

I have a Boxer that I think would love to ride, and I have been wanting a hack for her, but this is a much better option.

Does the trailer come with 2 lids (tops), or is there a piece that fits into the opening for the dog?

How hard is it to change it out from a dog hauler to a regular trailer?

You may have just made my wife mad, LOL
There's a piece that fits into the opening and secures from the inside; just tighten down and it makes a waterproof seal. The shield has 3 screw knobs and it comes right off. Changing from trailer to dog hauler is a breeze as removed shield and put in the drop in top. That is why I bought this model as if the dog doesn't like it, I still have a regular trailer anyway.

How does the trailer affect the handling of the bike?
You don't even know it is there.

I've pulled a trailer for years, set up right you forget it's back there, little to no effect on mileage as well
Agree ... first time pulling one and these things are smooth as silk. I was doing 85-90 mph and didn't feel the trailer at all. BTW, I asked about how fast I can go, and he stated they've been pulled at 160 mph at the Bonneville flats ... that's all I needed to know.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm sure you already know this but you load that thing up to max weight give yourself some room to stop at 85-90 mph. Those things will push or pass you at that speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.