Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed the new CD ProBream Tri-Bar light. I think it looks identical to the stock light in run mode. It does add additional lighting in brake mode. Is it worth $139? I guess it can't hurt having additional lighting. Honestly, it's so low on the bike. I don't know how much it will help alert a distracted driver. See the pics.

Pic 1 and 4 are in brake mode. 2 and 3 are in run mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is a little disappointing. I think I'll save my $139 for something else.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should add two things about the instructions: It says to remove the nut holding the wire harness. That step is totally unnecessary. Also, removing the saddlebags is unnecessary. For the novice wrench like myself, it's a very easy install. Took me about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Everyone says it's not brighter. While standing 10' away looking down. Back up 20 or 30' and lower yourself to about where you are is a car. That's the angle people behind you are seeing it. The original CD tribar light is brighter than stock. If this is near as bright as the CD pro beam lights I put in her tri Glide. then they're brighter than the original.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I hace CD fairing turn signals and Billet Bullet Spots but am leaning toward the Ciro bag bars for the rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have CD led bulbs front and rear and I am very happy with the increased visibility they offer. I was really looking forward to the release of the CD Probeam tribar. Unfortunately I have not seen any comparison pictures that have convinced me that the new Probeam tribar is worth the money

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I have the version before the ProBeam version. I am still waiting to see a back to back comparison between the two versions before I make a decision. I have to thank you for posting the pics of your bike though because you just made up my mind on if I want to add the Plasma Rods. The pics of your bike make them look seamless and virtually hidden. Thanks!

Neil

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
I have CD led bulbs front and rear and I am very happy with the increased visibility they offer. I was really looking forward to the release of the CD Probeam tribar. Unfortunately I have not seen any comparison pictures that have convinced me that the new Probeam tribar is worth the money
we have a couple that we like to ride with. he has the probeam tri bar light, and she has the stock harley light. when we ride behind them, it looks like her light isn't even on. the cd tri bar is clearly visible.

on my new rides, i put the tri bar upgrade on, the red ring taillights, and the magic strobe brake light/turn signal flasher. for 2 bikes it was a hell of an expense. but even if it stops only 1 person from not seeing me, it is well worth it. and to be honest, you'll never know how many people saw it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed the CD tri bar also, not nearly as bright as the CD turn/run/brake lights but still brighter than the original tri bar. It also comes with a module that lets it work as a third brake light and also has optional strobe modes if thats your cup of tea.

A little disappointed for the price but it is brighter than stock.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I started this thread a few months ago. I just noticed the brake portion of the light is no longer functioning. It still lights but doesn't get brighter when the brakes are applied. I hope Custom Dymnamics customer service is as good as I've been reading.

Bad day today: speaker went out. Light broke. I better stay in the house and stop looking for problems.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I have the version before the ProBeam version. I am still waiting to see a back to back comparison between the two versions before I make a decision. I have to thank you for posting the pics of your bike though because you just made up my mind on if I want to add the Plasma Rods. The pics of your bike make them look seamless and virtually hidden. Thanks!

Neil
I think it looks great man.

Swomack

·
Registered
116 Posts
No one has chimed in since April regarding the ProBeam tri-bar light. Have talked to several that have upgraded from stock and even though better than stock...nobody that I have spoken to would spend the money again on these other than the brake light availability over stock.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
i would. the stock tri bar light is anemic at best. you can see it at night, but during the day, it is barely even visible.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Custom Dynamics again shows their excellent customer service. I put the broken Tribar in the mail on Monday, new one received on Friday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts