Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the cam cover off my bike to check the timing marks and here are some pic of what I found. It was a little tough to hold the straight edge and take pics but I tried to do my best.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres a couple more.

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
been following you on this and hopefully now the shop that did the work will correct it for you now that you can prove its on them.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Did you show this to your builder?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
sure didn't need the straight edge to see that wasn't lined up.
Best of luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Glad you found that! That would cause a lot of your lost hp and tq right there!

P

·
0 Posts
been following you on this and hopefully now the shop that did the work will correct it for you now that you can prove its on them.
do you really want them too?? ide be thinking on some coin back & let someone else (or yourself)fix it

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
You mean to tell us the builder didn't see that! SMH :eek:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
prodrag1320 Quote:
Originally Posted by brhodea

do you really want them too?? ide be thinking on some coin back & let someone else (or yourself)fix it

NO!!

YES, what Prodrag said is the right way to handle it, and if U do it yourself, we can walk U through it.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I don't really want the OB to work on the bike anymore. So far the OB put the wrong high compression pistons in for my heads then he used the same valve seals after polishing the heads which caused oil to leak into the cylinders and then when he fixed that under his warranty he only replaced the valve seals on the front head because the back cylinder still blow blue smoke when the bike is started and then he got the timing off. And after all that he says the throttle body and fuel injectors are the problem because they are to big.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Oh my god!!! Who are these guys. I hope you get it straightened up.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Fix the timing and take another compression test, ill bet its really close to where it should be now.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Ironmark finally released a picture of the engine builder... this explains a lot.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fix the timing and take another compression test, ill bet its really close to where it should be now.
I don't even know if the timing marks on the cams line up. I have to get the correct pistons installed so I may just have the HD dealer re-time the bike while it is in the shop and then have them dyno the bike.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
This isn't the only thing you've found done wrong by the builder.
I'd be very hesitant in letting him touch my bike at all.
I'd bring him the proof that he messed up the entire job and request that he refund you all of your hard earned cash.
There are too many competent engine builders out there.
Based on what you've done, I'd say you are way ahead of the knucklehead that was working on your precious Roadglide.
If I was you, I'd finish the work myself, after you get reimbursed.
Just My Opinion!
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nice find... That guy would probably do a better job if he was blind.

So pull the chain, line r up right and check the cam marks while your there.

Then do your comp check... Now where's the little popcorn eatin smiley guy?

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ironmark finally released a picture of the engine builder... this explains a lot.

Kind of insulting to the actual guy pictured, don't U think? My guess is that is he could read/see this thread, he would say even HE could see they were not lined up, and U should get the real culprit's picture up here!!

;)

j/k

1 - 20 of 46 Posts