Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to put a set of WildOne W502 bars on my 2010 RG. Wondering if any one has pics of these bars installed. I am back and forth between the W502 and the W515's. Was just thinking the 10" ape might look better than the 12.5" apes. I have sat on two bikes with the 12.5" apes and they are very comfortable to me. What are you thoughts....

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got the 515s and love them. Much more comfortable position than stock... 10" works for me @ 6'3"; never tried anything taller.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I've got the 515s and love them. Much more comfortable position than stock... 10" works for me @ 6'3"; never tried anything taller.

Man you've got the BEST PICS on this forum! Chainsaw, ya gotta do something w/Crusty's pics. I could look at his bike and pics all DAY! Freakn Gourgeous Dude.Man I wish you lived closer so you could do some pics of my bike. I nominate Crustys as forum Photographer! Man this dude has got the TOUCH! ONLY PICS I'VE EVER SEEN THAT DO THAT BIKE JUSTICE!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crusty,
I have seen the pic of your bike with the W515's in another thread and it had me leaning toward the 10". I have seen two bike up close with the W502's and for only being 12.5" they look tall. I am 6'2" so the W515's may be a good fit for me. Thanks and sharp looking RG. J

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Stevo, very-cool and does look real comfy. Jason, these are 10's. I no there not the kind of bars you've mentioned but its a perspective of a 10" bar. I'm 6'3" with long arms. Dress Shirt long sleeve I like a 38" or 40" I should of went w/12" bars but I never imagined any bike I ever owned would have "Apes" on it. I've got Chainsaw to thank for that. lol, and also Jason, didnt mean to offend by not replying to your question about the bars w/my first comment, and commenting directly bout Crustys pics.I just get captivated by some things! lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for posting the pic SteveO, although now I am on the fence again with what size bars to run. The 12.5" looks great on your bike. I am sure that if I buy the 10" I will wish I went with the 12.5". Did you have to replace wires and cables? J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jason, the 12.5" did need longer clutch and brake cables 6" I think. I would email wild ones on both sizes and see what they say on cables. They responded to me usually the same day.

go with the 12.5" and get some sleep!

·
Registered
359 Posts
here is a pic of an '09 with wo 12.5" bars. i have them rolled more forward now....the pullback allows that.

Stevo- What wind shield is that and what size?

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Someone asked via PM, so I'll answer here as well. I knew from the CVO board that the brake/clutch cables didn't need replacing with the 10" Wild 1 mini apres... but my wrench called and told me they did. I confirmed with the vendor I got them from that while they did require snipping the OEM tiedown locations and re-routing the cables, the stock cables will fit.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have been looking to put a set of WildOne W502 bars on my 2010 RG. Wondering if any one has pics of these bars installed. I am back and forth between the W502 and the W515's. Was just thinking the 10" ape might look better than the 12.5" apes. I have sat on two bikes with the 12.5" apes and they are very comfortable to me. What are you thoughts....

I say go with what is most comfortable and let your eyes become acustomed to the look over time.... Let form follow function.

...Don't know how high these are, but the write up claims they are Chubby's W1's. They have to be either at least 12".. Maybe 14" or 16"???

....... Eitherway; they look NICE!!!.... and dude riding it is "showing some class" with 'em...

http://www.baggersmag.com/features/1005_hrbp_2006_harley_davidson_road_glide/index.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I threw caution to the wind and ordered a set of 14” Santee ape hangers. These bars are a little taller, a little narrower, and have 1 inch less pullback. At $95.99 for a set of 1 ¼” apes drilled for internal wiring and set up for TBW I take the risk. Will post again with pics when I get them one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I threw caution to the wind and ordered a set of 14” Santee ape hangers. These bars are a little taller, a little narrower, and have 1 inch less pullback. At $95.99 for a set of 1 ¼” apes drilled for internal wiring and set up for TBW I take the risk. Will post again with pics when I get them one.
Sounds like a pretty good deal... hope they work for you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went from stockers on my 2012 RG Custom CVO to 16" Chubbies Wild Ones. They didn't come in gloss black so I bought the satin black and had them powder coated in glossy. I set them just slightly forward of the front fork angle. I had my dealer do it to keep my warranty intact. I'm in a MC (Last Disciples) and we have sometimes ridden over 1,000 miles straight through. I have never had a moments regret.

Then, at a rally I found a set of sexy gloss black 14's with meat hooks curved risers and all. They were so cool looking I had to give them a try. I rode them for a year and never felt good with them. I tried to like them but something was missing. So I just went back to my 16's and am in Heaven again. I'm back to taking putts for no reason. I found the "sweet spot" and love those bars.

I am 5'9", 195. The 16's are so good for me that I have wondered if I should have gone with 18's. I've ridden about 150,000 miles in the last ten years and with my brothers, I ride pretty hard. I have stayed right with the pack just as easily as I did with stockers.

You can't always have your cake and eat it too but this has been a win/win modification. Not only does my bike look cooler (IMHO), but I immediately got tougher, cooler and taller too! LoL Happy, Happy, Happy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts