Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
If it were me I would go with mat black & silver 1/8" pinstripes and call it done. But that's me. I like the color or your sled and because you have so much black already, I think black & silver would look killer on your bike. Just my opinion.
Swomack

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it were me I would go with mat black & silver 1/8" pinstripes and call it done. But that's me. I like the color or your sled and because you have so much black already, I think black & silver would look killer on your bike. Just my opinion.
Swomack

I will definitely go with black and white or silver striping. Not sure yet. Just tossing around ideas at this point. But think I do need something.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I will definitely go with black and white or silver striping. Not sure yet. Just tossing around ideas at this point. But think I do need something.
Black for sure and silver or dark gray IMO would look killer with your paint. Maybe you do vinyl pinstripes to see how the colors work out. If you like it keep it. If you don't just pull the tape and find another color that works for you.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Thinking of pinstriping this on my tank any thoughts. Really looking to break up the green a little bit.
That's really a cool idea. I'd thought of a comical looking shark with a pool queue on the front fairing of mine.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
That's really a cool idea. I'd thought of a comical looking shark with a pool queue on the front fairing of mine.
The red pinstripes on my bike is 1/8" red automotive vinyl tape and it looks great and is wearing well. The tape cost me $ 6.99 from Pep Boys and a little bit of my time to do the mod. Everyone that has seen it thinks it's been painted. When I tell them it's automotive vinyl tape they all say, man great idea and it looks great. if it works for cars it works for bikes as well. Just a thought.

My bike now has carbon fiber stripping but here is a picture of what the red looked like before my update.
Swomack

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
That design would look killer! But don't stop at the tank. Cary the lines down to the bags. Maybe even up to the fairing. Not crazy over board just keep it simple. Black and silver would look nice. One line thinner than the other. Even only black would look good.

Great looking ride by the way and that colour is great. Nice job.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I suggest that you find a someone that does pinstriping. He can take your idea & do a trial run to see if you like it, if not he'll just wipe it off & try something different. He'll be able to do different colors also. Good luck.

·
Registered
684 Posts
As my friend Keith Hanson says "you just cant beat the double stripe".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suggest that you find a someone that does pinstriping. He can take your idea & do a trial run to see if you like it, if not he'll just wipe it off & try something different. He'll be able to do different colors also. Good luck.
I have been doing pinstriping for years. So I will end up doing it myself. I will deffinately do black as the main color and then add a silver strip with it. Then add some pinstriping to the bags and fenders. That is the nice thing about one shot paint you can try all kinds of different designs and colors and if you don't like it wipe it off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been doing pinstriping for years. So I will end up doing it myself. I will deffinately do black as the main color and then add a silver strip with it. Then add some pinstriping to the bags and fenders. That is the nice thing about one shot paint you can try all kinds of different designs and colors and if you don't like it wipe it off.
Did you ever pinstripe your bike? Would love to see pics if you did.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Gotta agree, carrying onto the fairing would look killer. Do it along the lines of the 2009 screaming eagle layout. Always liked that graphic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
As a former art student, and a bit of a striper myself, I like the design, and I agree with the others that it should be carried throughout the bike...I suggest a little Orange as a contrasting color...maybe not something really bright, but a pale orange along with the black and silver tones...

Check out an artist's color wheel on contrasting and complimenting colors.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ive been thinking about pinstripes to change up my Vivid Black 2017. However, I do love the simplicity of the Solid Vivid Black. I was also thinking of vinyl as a test. What do you guys think of a matte black pinstripe on a Vivid Black bike? Kind of like a Ghost stripe. Maybe start there and add an orange or silver one.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
In all honesty amigo, your bike looks killer the way it is now - I like the whole "Less is More" thing and that Green is not common at all coupled with the way you have it set up....I think she looks bad ass as is

1 - 18 of 18 Posts