Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have installed a Pioneer AVH-X7500BT in their shark? I am thinking of installing this unit. Just looking for a little feedback before I pull the trigger. I see a lot of West Coast guys with these heads up units and looks pretty cool.:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same here...I'm going the same route but haven't heard anything about them. Its hard to find a single din flip that isn't a smaller brand. Doesn't necessarily mean they aren't as good.

·
Registered
163 Posts
As I don't have a review yet but mine will be here tuesday for the install tuesday night and a 250 mile ride to bikes blues and bbq in Fayetteville on thursday. I will give you a review then. From talking to some bigger bagger builders they say you need to run a taller windshield if you want it open often on the interstate. I figure I will leave mine in most the time unless just cruising around town.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I'm not for sure but i assume that isn't. I am gonna run the side car cycles radio cover.
Will that protect it? I know these are crazy questions but I am very interested in changing out my head unit and wanted to see what all my options are.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
My parts guy has snapped 2 of them from hard riding. They were warrantied but still a pain in the but to change. They look killer, and sound great. Really not designed to take a beating on a motorcycle. Just my 2 cents. If I had the money I'd probably get one anyways. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I haven't checked the clearance but since I had ordered the side car cycles cover before i will let you know if it fits when it gets here also. The biggest issue I hear of is people riding with them out on the interestate all the time with the regular RGC windshield and the wind killing it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here is a pic and quick review as I got it in today and installed tonight. The radio overall is great. When in bluetooth you cannot access the ipod playlist from your phone (i'm gonna try it with the update and/or the app). With the factory windshield it works fine, but with the windsplitter it hits and stops it from opening all the way up. Although it puts it at the perfect viewing angle. The handlebar controls work with it and the hawg wired wiring adapter. From looking at it I don't think that the side car cycles cover will fit with it, so I hope a shower cap might work. I'm riding to Fayetteville this weekend for BBB and will be able to give a better review then as I'll ride around 1,000 miles this weekend. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer to help out.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
After a 600 miles with it installed it is great overall.

Pros
Bluetooth
Single din
Plenty of RCA jacks
Vivid colors on screen

Cons
Not a lot of adjustment on screen tilt

Overall I really like the unit, but would probably go with the Kenwood KVT-516 if the bluetooth isnt needed. I got this for bluetooth but caught myself using the usb hook up more than the bluetooth. It does give great quality with distortion at higher volumes. As far as rain cover I'm gonna try to make the side car cycles/hawgwired work by offsetting it. I spoke with a couple of guys from Covington at BBB in Fayetteville and they have a JVC single din screen that doesnt flip out and they use the biketronics cover for theres and it seemed to fit on mine when I put it on so i will try the other as its already ordered but if not the biketronics is a great option for only $20.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Got mine installed too. Love this unit! I'm thinking for weather that maybe I can off set the hawg wired mounting kit back a bit further to get the cover to seat correctly.... worth a try.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Is this a 12inch klockwerks. ..does the screen hit the shield anywhere. I haven't seen one installed does the screen have alot of flex to it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts