Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered one plus the turntable and found out at checkout that they've got a 2-4 week lead time now. They're offering the lift and turntable at a discount and the young lady I spoke with on the phone about the extended lead time said Pitbull was giving the discount to compensate for the delay.

Just an FYI for anyone planning to buy from them - $90 off the lift and $20 off the turntable through the end of this month. Lift=$399 - Turntable=$175 - Freight to my zip in Texas = $108. The discount covered my freight.

After thoroughly checking out lifts, I went with the heaviest and most ruggedly built. Expensive??? A little, maybe, but... Peace of mind = priceless, imho. Rarely has buying according to "you get what you pay for" surprised me. If I'm lifting the scoot off the floor, I don't want to EVER worry about the jack dropping it. The turntable option sealed the deal in my mind - hard to beat sitting in one spot and spinning the bike to get where you wanna be.

Admins, I couldn't tell where this thread belonged so I parked it here. Feel free to move it if necessary - like you need my blessings, lolol...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have one and you will love it. Well worth the $$$$$. Mine was made in 1995 and has never han any problems. Picks up any bike with a frame even a Goldwing like its a feather. Use the lock at all times.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've had mine since 2003 and still love it. I could probably use a new jack since mine leaks a bit if I forget to close the valve after lowering the bike, but it still functions perfectly. I checked their website for a replacement jack and was comforted because a replacement jack from them is quite reasonable! Great product!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reassurance. My wife gets on to me for always having to buy the most expensive crap out there but when it comes to a lift, I didn't want to scrimp. I did lots of research before buying and the pitbull was my pick over the J&S. In my case, the turntable was the deciding factor between the two.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I will add to the re-assurance! LOVE MINE! Bought it before last winter and it was used all winter while the bike was disassembled. I did not get the standard and at time wish I had so I could add the turn table. I was told it was easier to work under the bike with the Dyna model.

No straps all winter setting like this :) I even sat on it like this so I could measure one last time for the apes I was ordering ;)

Untitled by Nozzleman216, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I have a Pit Bull, no turn table though. Love it, but wish I got the model with the air compressor attachment.

By the way, I bought mine for the Fat Boy, but now I have a Road Glide. No problem using the same lift, right?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just ordered one plus the turntable and found out at checkout that they've got a 2-4 week lead time now. They're offering the lift and turntable at a discount and the young lady I spoke with on the phone about the extended lead time said Pitbull was giving the discount to compensate for the delay.

Just an FYI for anyone planning to buy from them - $90 off the lift and $20 off the turntable through the end of this month. Lift=$399 - Turntable=$175 - Freight to my zip in Texas = $108. The discount covered my freight.
That is a good price for the Pitbull. I bought a J&S based it being cheaper than the Pitbull. The J&S runs $442 delivered - on sale the Pitbull is only $500 (Lift and shipping). Pitbull - very good deal on a great lift.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will add to the re-assurance! LOVE MINE! Bought it before last winter and it was used all winter while the bike was disassembled. I did not get the standard and at time wish I had so I could add the turn table. I was told it was easier to work under the bike with the Dyna model.

No straps all winter setting like this :) I even sat on it like this so I could measure one last time for the apes I was ordering ;)

Untitled by Nozzleman216, on Flickr
That's a helluva shot, hehe.... I'm thinking I made the right choice, for sure. I really kinda wanted a table lift but my wife's already griping about the fact that my bike gets to stay in the garage and her MKZ doesn't. Plus, for what I do, the pitbull will do very well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a Pit Bull and an EZ Up centerstand. The RG is not as stable as the demo I saw in Sturgis but I still free confident the RG is going to stay put. Great product.

·
Registered
63 Posts
One of the best lifts out there in my opinion. I got mine used off of craigslist.

The bottle jack has a small leak from the seals going bad from non use. Guy had it for 5 years and used it one time. Anyway you can get a new bottle jack from Pit Bull for $45 or buy one from sears and drill the mounting holes yourself. 6ton jack is kinda overkill but thats how the whole lift is made.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, everybody. I'm still waiting. The site said it would take 2-4 weeks to ship and it's going to take every bit of that. I called last Thursday, day 21, and she said it was going to powder coat Monday and would likely be shipped later in the week - almost 4 weeks to the day. It's nice when you know these thing up front. Anyway.... looking forward to getting it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Pitbull Lift from my local Craigslist, must be at least 8 years old, not bad shape, my regret, I didn't request a demo lift as it was sitting in storage for awhile. Bought for $500 (asking was $550, to get a new one to Hawaii, it would cost over $1200), it has a turn-table, once home, did a test lift, without bike, only to find out the bottle jack leaked at the base (most likely an oring problem, didn't have a 2 1/2" crescent wrench to remove the big nut at top, so I ordered a new bottle jack from Pitbull. Since I live in Hawaii, the cost of the bottle was $110 (their cost price) & the shipping was $110). The people at Pitbull was very nice and helpful, highly recommended.

Okay, my Harley FXR Police Special 1991, fully modified, 4" from floor to frame is a problem. Lifted bike up with a scissor jack, then placed a 2" x 4" + 1" x 4" (1" x 4" added due to turn-table, w/o it, only 2" x 4" required) under tire, removed scissors jack & slid jack right under, front wheel is in a wheel chock. Once under, with the air bottle jack, it was a breeze to lift up, absolutely great, removed the pin from turn-table & I can sit in one place to turn the bike to me without moving off my chair. At 25" above ground level, with the turn-table, there is no lift that can come close to this one. I had to try it, so I sat on the bike with no problems, very sturdy.

I needed more space in my garage so I sold my Handy Air Table Lift (completed all my mods so didn't need one anymore), in the beginning, with the problem with the bottle jack, I was depressed & thought I made a horrible mistake. However, since its up in the air, its much easier than a table lift because you can get to almost all parts of the bike without moving. The other 2 problems, it's a huge portable lift and takes a lot of space and lastly, some parts of my garage is uneven so it gets wedged, trick, avoid those areas & it works. Its a solid lift, probably shakes more than a J&S (lifting arms is spread wider apart), however, everyone needs to understand, the Pitbull is longer lift (I think it was 14" longer, same width) and goes up higher 25" versus J&S's 18" (big difference when you are working on bike (not cleaning only), has grease fittings on joints. J&S is great but if you have a bad back, older, do maintenance, modifications and repairs, not just cleaning, you will appreciate the 7" of extra height. ALoha, Syd from Hawaii

·
Registered
118 Posts
The pit bull or the J&S jack are great lifts. I had seen a pit bull lift a few months back on craigslist for 150 and a j&S for the same price. I made the mistake of waiting and they both sold before I could buy one. This week I found another J&S on craigslist for 175 and didn't wait this time. You can't go wrong with either lift!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
IMO a good solid lift is super important, i have a J&S but looked at the pitbull hard, if i did not get mine used for a steal i was probably going:grin: to get one, great choice!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Limited space

I bought a Pitbull Lift from my local Craigslist, must be at least 8 years old, not bad shape, my regret, I didn't request a demo lift as it was sitting in storage for awhile. Bought for $500 (asking was $550, to get a new one to Hawaii, it would cost over $1200), it has a turn-table,

I needed more space in my garage ...other 2 problems, it's a huge portable lift and takes a lot of space and lastly, ....needs to understand, the Pitbull is longer lift (I think it was 14" longer, same width) you will appreciate the 7" of extra height. ALoha, Syd from Hawaii
I also have the same problem. I built this house to have a garage. The garage starts off big but over the years shrinks down to almost nothing. I needed to get my Honda EU3000is Inverter Generator & battery bank rack & batteries (keeps the toxic fumes out of the camper) into my pick-up bed. An eye for each for hoisting did the trick once fabricating a swivel boom that was anchored to my CBS wall with 1/2" carriage through bolts and 1/4" plates. This boom is centered to the width of the garage.

I now hang my PitBull, jack side up on the inactive boom and rest the jack on a vertical 2X6 to keep the weight off of the boom. Of course an electrical HF wench handles the lifting, so a $100 investment works well in this case. I hope my post is helpful for you.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts