Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are planning a trip here to western Montana,you're going to want to postpone it. We have smoke from fires very very thick.The air quality was downgraded from hazardous to very hazardous today.We probably won't see much relief till it rains.

The smoke right now is so thick we can't see our back fence.They aren't permitting ANY outside sports activities,and warning anyone who smokes or has any sort of breathing issue to stay indoors.

Just thought I'd warn anyone coming this way or planning a trip up highway 12 or to glacier.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Dang, a group of us are heading to Essex and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area the end of next week. Hope things have settled down and cleared up a little by then. I had similar conditions happen when I went to Manila, UT and Flaming Gorge in 2012. It was really hard to breath at night following those fires. Hope everyone out there is staying safe!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what we're seeing,all the way to billings is really smoky.According to the fire map,most of the NW is on fire,and Australia is sending thier guys to help.

Troy has fires too.even where there aren't fires,smoke is blowing in from the west.

I would avoid this whole part of the country for awhile.I'm wearing a bandanna over my face to ride to work.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
From what we're seeing

Troy has fires too.even where there aren't fires,smoke is blowing in from the west.

UOTE]

Thanks dang, currently have 20 closed & wkole northern east of the the mountains on fire, just spoke to some folks
all say same, so maybe hells cyn around and wait for rain

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Talked to my friends outside of Essex on Hwy 2. They said that the smoke has been bad but they got some much needed rain last night and things should be looking better for us when we get there next week. Among others, there are fires around Hungry Horse Reservoir which is west of where we'll be.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rode up to Great Falls yesterday,and the smoke has cleared north of Missoula.Still pretty thick in hte bitterroot valley but way better north of here.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Got back last night from a week out in northwest Montana visiting friends near Essex. Hwy 2 and the roads around and through Glacier NP were open again. Lots of fire damage in the park and in the wilderness areas to the south but the smoke conditions were not bad because of recent rains.

·
Registered
483 Posts
No Smoke

We've had rain for 2 1/2 days here in Great Falls and the smoke seems to be gone. I haven't heard how the fires are doing though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts