Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to plan an over night trip from NJ/NY up to VT/NH for some Fall foliage and sightseeing. If anybody could recommend great roads or places to stop in, it would be much appreciated. If anybody else wants to hop on the trip, let me know. Probably leaving 2nd weekend of October.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,317 Posts
I just PM'd you a very detailed list of suggested riding routes. Have fun, that's excellent riding up that way and you'll never run out of interesting roads and sights.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I am trying to plan an over night trip from NJ/NY up to VT/NH for some Fall foliage and sightseeing. If anybody could recommend great roads or places to stop in, it would be much appreciated. If anybody else wants to hop on the trip, let me know. Probably leaving 2nd weekend of October.
Honestly, there are so many beautiful roads up here in VT/NH it is hard to recommend one over another. What area are you headed specifically (or route you’re arriving by) and it may be easier to narrow it down better? I live in the White River Junction VT area right on the NH border and frequently run the roads on both sides of the river.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,317 Posts
I would also add that Sept. is the best month weather wise. Summer tourists have gone, no buses full of blue haired leaf peepers yet, sunny days with temps in the mid 70s. Peak foliage in the mountains is typically closer to first week of Oct. up north and mid-month as you go further south in all 3 northern New England states, but of course that depends on the weather. Some years a week or two earlier or later.

·
Registered
413 Posts
VT Rte 100, VT Rte 107, US Rte 7, US Rte 2, VT Rte 131, VT Rte 103, VT Rte 125 are just a few of the amazing roads that would give you some great foliage, mountain, and river views. If you come up through Albany, cross into Troy and over into Bennington VT. Then come up US 7 toward Middlebury and then take 125 over the mountain and into Bethel. From there, take 107 over to US Rte 4 and/or hook up with 100. So many choices.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Route 100 is some awesome riding, you really can’t go wrong with any of the roads in that area... If you come through the Albany area way I will join in the ride, I live in Saratoga Springs NY..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts