Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are planning a two week fall trip starting in Tampa fl. up to my brothers house in Northwest Pa. and back. Any pointers or tips on packing for such a trip would be really helpful. Were cruising on our 2012 RGU. We will be leaving the first week of October.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
My wife and I are planning a two week fall trip starting in Tampa fl. up to my brothers house in Northwest Pa. and back. Any pointers or tips on packing for such a trip would be really helpful. Were cruising on our 2012 RGU. We will be leaving the first week of October.
Take a look at this thread started by Andyman. Without the camping gear he is taking all the other info in this thread should be good info for you.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=35007

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
For that time of year here in Pa, you will have some cold mornings and fairly warm afternoons. Heated gear (if you have it) may be useful to ya.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Traveled from SC to PA too many times that time of year to count and the one thing that is constant is the dramatic change in temps, especially riding at night. If you don't have heated gear then long johns, layered socks, good insulated overpants, 3 season bike specific jacket and some kind of neck and head cover. One of those turtle fur balaclavas work great. Cold weather rated Touring gloves and riding boots too. You'll be looking at this pile of fluff while packing wearing shorts in Tampa wondering if it's worth it for all of the space it takes up, but believe me if you didn't you'd pay twice the price for it once you start getting cold. (3x once the wife gets cold!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts