Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this Plasti Dip is fantastic.
I did my front rim today on my 2015 RGS.
It was an easy mod and the results are fantastic.
Here are two pictures showing the finished rim.
I did 5 coats of black Plasti Dip the use then Plasti Dip Glossifier.
Good stuff for sure.
Womack

Registered
I've used Palsti Dip on several vehicles but no bikes. On the fork legs I would recommend that you apply a few more coats so that it's more durable due to rocks and other debre. 5 coats is fine for the wheels but based on my experience I applied ten to my bumpers and emblems and it has held up good now for over a year.

Attachments

Registered
Sound advice! I plasti-dipped my old beat up centerlines and grill on my lifted suburban....did about 3-5 coats. After about a year and a half...one of the wheels is showing wear and needs to be redone...but on the grill the old chrome is showing through....so yes...more coats the better.

And OP, looks great! I forgot they had the "glossifier" .... good stuff!

I've used Palsti Dip on several vehicles but no bikes. On the fork legs I would recommend that you apply a few more coats so that it's more durable due to rocks and other debre. 5 coats is fine for the wheels but based on my experience I applied ten to my bumpers and emblems and it has held up good now for over a year.

Registered
Looks great!
Did you do this with the tire on the wheel? Anyone want to share how you did this?
thanks!
Man this Plasti Dip is fantastic.
I did my front rim today on my 2015 RGS.
It was an easy mod and the results are fantastic.
Here are two pictures showing the finished rim.
I did 5 coats of black Plasti Dip the use then Plasti Dip Glossifier.
Good stuff for sure.
Womack

Registered
Looks great!
Did you do this with the tire on the wheel? Anyone want to share how you did this?
thanks!
Tape off the tire. Makes for an easier cleanup. That stuff is supposed to pull right off of rubber but it didn't due to the design on the sidewall of the truck tires I did. Had to scrub with WD40 to get it off the tires. Another thing is to put a tire dressing on the tire to keep it from sticking but I don't recommend that on a bike tire.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Be sure to show pics on the bike. How did the glossifer change the appearance?
It went from a flat black to a semi gloss black.
I put three coats of glossifier on them to give it a good shine.
As far as applying this product I did tape off my tire.
A very easy mod with really good results.
I should be picking up my bike by the end of this week so once I have the bike I will take pictures with the rim on the bike .
Womack

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
good info thanks. pick up bike? you have the wheels, where's the rest of it? just wondering :)
I'm have some mods done currently.
While the bike is in the shop I grabbed my front wheel to do this Plasti Dip mod. I just added 13" LA Chopper Twin Peak bars, a new Screaming Eagle high flow air system, black front crash bar, black levers, lowers, new 6.5" JBL GTO638 speakers and a few other things. Can't wait to get it back. Here are a few pictures.
Womack

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like the leather idea, more details would be appreciated
I made a paper exact size template .
I then cut the leather to same size as template .
I then used Velcro for the attachment.
That's it and it something that I haven't seen before which is something I like.
Womack

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.