Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys . Trying to grab one of these mako shields while lrs is having their sale. But I'm just not quite sold on the looks! Can we see some? For the 08-13 models . Here's my sled for attention

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
My bike has a 12" dark mako shield that i cut down to 10" because i was kind of having to look through it partially. The 10" is perfect for me. I am right at 6'.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey that looks good man! I'm 5'8" and saw someone in here actually called lrs and got a 8 " done. Kinda think I might try that then

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
10" . Im fixing to order an 11" or 12" when my bars come in.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
i just ordered and received an 11'' mako. didn't know that you could call and get shorter, but that's okay, it's only slightly taller than the 12'' wind splitter from hd. had my first ride with it this morning. the recurve pushes the bulk of the wind up over my head (i'm 5'4'', with 29 inseam) the wider top portion also blocks more air so you have less hitting around your ears, which makes the tunes sound better :D

compared to the wind splitter, it looks like a barn door. but it does work well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
another view....

(not sure why they're sideways.....)

Attachments

Reactions: vring

·
Registered
20 Posts
Eddie - How tall are you?

Scratch - Are you looking through or over?

I’m 5 10 with 32 inseam, have a 11 Stingray sitting here, will post after I install (in shop, picking up today)

Thank Gents

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wish the pics weren't all distorted. Can you try sending them again? Really considering grabbing one with the sale going on but not sold on the looks just yet

i just ordered and received an 11'' mako. didn't know that you could call and get shorter, but that's okay, it's only slightly taller than the 12'' wind splitter from hd. had my first ride with it this morning. the recurve pushes the bulk of the wind up over my head (i'm 5'4'', with 29 inseam) the wider top portion also blocks more air so you have less hitting around your ears, which makes the tunes sound better

compared to the wind splitter, it looks like a barn door. but it does work well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also.. I emailed them asking about getting a shorter one done and the response was super short and I'll paraphrase here . Something along the lines of "we have not ever made these shields shorter than 11" and will not do it."

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Eddie - How tall are you?

Scratch - Are you looking through or over?

I’m 5 10 with 32 inseam, have a 11 Stingray sitting here, will post after I install (in shop, picking up today)

i'm looking over. by a good bit even. but with the medium tint, I can also look through directly in front if I need to.

Thank Gents
Wish the pics weren't all distorted. Can you try sending them again? Really considering grabbing one with the sale going on but not sold on the looks just yet
whats distorted? I tried right clicking on the pic, 'save picture as...' and it saved it to my desktop rightside up. other than being sideways, i'm not following any distortion.

it works pretty good. it was 40* on the way to work this morning. and though I was wearing my ff helmet, it wasn't near as much wind in the face as I normally get with the windsplitter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh duh . It worked I just tried that on my phone . For some reason when I clicked it it came up stretched out . All good .

Looks great !

i'm looking over. by a good bit even. but with the medium tint, I can also look through directly in front if I need to.

Thank Gents[/quote]

whats distorted? I tried right clicking on the pic, 'save picture as...' and it saved it to my desktop rightside up. other than being sideways, i'm not following any distortion.

it works pretty good. it was 40* on the way to work this morning. and though I was wearing my ff helmet, it wasn't near as much wind in the face as I normally get with the windsplitter.[/QUOTE]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts