Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Police RK ---> Civilian RK ---> RG conversion

Last year I sold my EGC to get a RG. When my EG sold I couldn't find a RG I wanted so I ended up with a Police RK for a pretty good deal. I figured a RK would be fine if I gave it a little style. Well, I put exactly 195 miles on the RK before I decided it needed to be a RG. Here is the progress...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not planning to do the RG harness & gauges & wasn't super excited about giving Dirty Bird $330 for their RK-RG Nacelle piece so I made my own. I figured my factory one was worth about $50 or so so why not give it a try. I edged it with black door edge trim. Not sure if it'll stay black or end up green yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Waiting on a pile of fasteners from Ronnies. I did get the radio installed last night. I have to say the Scosche kit is crap. I had to open up all the mount holes to get it to go in place.

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Looking good so far, keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Final parts should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. Scored a Boom hidden antenna for $10 at a swap meet yesterday. Picked up a Street Glide rear light bar for $20 from the same guy, didn't need it but for the price I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cut it along the white and taped lines. Here's a couple shots of what was removed from the nacelle.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts