Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
there really isn't a 'polish' for black denim. thats the whole point of the denim look. there are products that can be used on it, as shown above. but those are cleaners, sealers, etc.

contrary to what some people will tell you, the denim finishes do in fact have a clear coat on them. all you really have to do is to keep them clean, and they will retain your look. when i had my 2010, i used windex (with ammonia) as recommended in the 2010 owners manual. it wasn't too long after that, that hd came out with their denim cleaner and suddenly, the recommendation for windex disappeared from the manual (imagine that). i tried their denim cleaner, and it didn't work any better than windex, so when that bottle was empty, back t windex. one caveat, don't use the windex with ammonia on the windshield, it will damage the coating on it.

had that bike for 4 years and it still looked good when i traded it in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife’s has the flat black paint on her bike and we use F-11 with no apparent issues

Double check before trying
Make sure it's good on your bike

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have always used the aerosol foaming ammonia free glass cleaner on denim. Seemed to work well without hurting the overall finish.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
seriously, glass cleaner with ammonia is better at getting off dirt and fingerprints without streaking like ammonia free does....

just don't use it on the windshield.

also, i would not recommend the harley gloss, it will add shine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
For a deep clean between washes, I used Cycle Cares Ruff Cut denim cleaner on my 2015. For simple in between wipe downs, I used a premix bottle containing a squirt of Dawn dish soap mixed with tap water. Worked perfectly on my black denim bike for a bit over 3 years before I traded, and the finish looked as good as the day I rode her off the dealer floor in 2015.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I don't own matte finish bike. Just not my deal, I make money polishing paint to make them right.
However if I did own a matte finish, it would be coated with this: Q² Matte ceramic coating for matte paintwork - Gyeon Quartz
Done

I have thousands of dollars invested in detailing products, only 1 thing from chemical guys and thats just OK.
Their soaps are decent/good, but I just don't care for the other stuff I have tried. Just my preference.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Huge believer in Rat Wax. Didn't know what to use at first. Got some hellacious water spots on front fender and fairing. Less of them on other painted parts but still there. Rat Wax fixed the spots on the minor spotted parts. Ended up replacing front fender and fairing due to crash. Used prophylacticly on the new painted parts and they have stayed spot free and beautiful. Great cleaner and seems to put a protective layer on as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts