Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of people are using the Polk Audio DB521 speakers as rear speakers. Has anyone used them as replacements for the front speakers?

I am changing my head unit out to the AquaticAV AQ-MP-5UBT-H unit. it supports 2 or 4 ohm speakers. jumping back and forth between 2 ohm and 4 ohm speakers and also from the Polk Audio DB521 to Hawgwired or Hogtunes. Price for the Polk is GREAT at the moment. The DB are selling for 65$ currently.

thoughts or advise ?

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
If you're gonna open the fairing to replace the radio then I'd suggest bumping up to 6.5" speakers in the fairing. You can pick up a set of Hawgwired adapters for about $40 online. I have polk db651 in the fairing and db691 in the saddlebag lids with an aftermarket radio and amp. I have no complaints. Plus you'll have more options for a quality speaker if you go 6.5. Just my opinion

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ginee13: have a pair of polk mm651 that were in my glide for a month running off the head unit.i will trade them for a Ben Franklin if you are interested?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Dozer I Picked up a pair on Amazon for 60 earlier today.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rlaf75
Did you need to make a jumper to connect your speakers. It seems that the speakers thick spade is the positive and that the thick spade on the Harley is the negative. Is this correct ??

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
rlaf75
Did you need to make a jumper to connect your speakers. It seems that the speakers thick spade is the positive and that the thick spade on the Harley is the negative. Is this correct ??
I don't honestly remember. The back of the new speaker should be marked as to which is POS and NEG. I don't remember which wire in the bikes harness is which. In most cases the negative wire should have a black tracer. Grab a testlight and see which on has power

1 - 7 of 7 Posts