Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added Polk Audio DB 651 to the shark powered by the Aquatic AV radio. Love the radio. Not very impressed with the speakers. Not sure if i need to adjust the settings for better sound. lower bass change tremble etc ... Kind of wish I went with the Hawgwired or hogtunes.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
I added Polk Audio DB 651 to the shark powered by the Aquatic AV radio. Love the radio. Not very impressed with the speakers. Not sure if i need to adjust the settings for better sound. lower bass change tremble etc ... Kind of wish I went with the Hawgwired or hogtunes.
Haven't heard those speakers, but what is actually your problem. Are all your settings set on the HU ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I need to play with the equalizer. Find out what sounds the best.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Not much adjustment in the head unit, you only have bass and treble, there is no midrange. My Aquatics AV AQ-MP-5BT-H is that way, if you use a MP3 that has adjustments they say to have the equalizer turned off or turned down, on my MP3 I have my equalizer turned way down so it doesn't overdrive the head unit, then I just adjust the bass/treble on the head unit.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The Polk Audio DB651 speakers needs an amp to get the most out of them.
I have used them in 2 different cars and every time once I added an amp to them they really do impress.
They give great details to your music but on a bike I think you will never fully appreciate those details due to road noise and wind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts