Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the mm 6501 component set by Polk audio? If so what adapters did you use? Wanting to make sure there is enough clearance.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My plan is to either convemax depth of speakerrt my boom audio grills to work or hide them in the backing plate. Can't seem to find out the max speaker depth before I start buying.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Do the 6501s come with a separate cup for the tweeters? I had a set of 651s before I went with the Focals, they were great. I know the 651s will fit with the adapter, but I don't know what you are planning to do with the tweets on the 6501.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently have the boom audio grills with the tweeters in them. I'm hopefully going to take them out and re install the Polk tweeters there. If that don't work i'm going to try to fit them into the stock plate. What adapter rings did you use with the 651's?

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I currently have the boom audio grills with the tweeters in them. I'm hopefully going to take them out and re install the Polk tweeters there. If that don't work i'm going to try to fit them into the stock plate. What adapter rings did you use with the 651's?
I bought my adapters from Hard Ride Audio, I like the shape.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked on there site but didn't see where just the adapters were listed. You call them direct? What do they run for price? I liked the look of those as well. Thanks

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I thought about buying the Hawg Wired tweeter grills or CVO gauge tweeter pods but both are expensive and it seems wasteful if Im not going to use the tweeters that come with the kits.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I looked on there site but didn't see where just the adapters were listed. You call them direct? What do they run for price? I liked the look of those as well. Thanks
I called them direct, they sold me a pair for $50.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
So how did all this turn out??? I like Polk audio

·
Registered
188 Posts
UltraNutZ, did you put 4 polks in your fairing or 2? If 4, did the MM651 fit between the fairing and glove box? I am considering them since the RF is getting such bad reviews. Would you buy them again?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts