Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled the trigger on 3 sets of these mm652 going in upper & lower front & rear pods. My bike is a 2012 ultra, these pods look so small hope they fit with just a little trimming on the opening. I had read all about tweeter post melt down on the old style mm651 & hope they fixed that issue on this new speaker. Got them on a Halloween sale on line for $115 a set. Anyone else got these? Hope I love them.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Wow that is a screaming deal! I just got a set to try out and they are a pretty decent speaker for the money. They are brighter and not as sonically "rich" as my Arc Moto 602v2's, but the sensitivity rating on them make them get loud in a hurry. Much louder than the 602s. I currently am trying them in my fairing, but I believe I will move them to the bottom as soon as I buy some lowers this winter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on glad you like them. These just came out this spring & I hadn?t seen them on sale till now. My bike is tore apart & waiting for fed ex ground to get here. Just put in two amps & painted inner fairing. So excited to get this back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Missed the fed ex truck twice now, will pick up at their place tomorrow. Going to run 150 rms x 2 on upper fairing & 50x4 rms on lowers & rear pods. Can?t wait!!!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I just placed an order for a pair of the new Polk MM 652’s at
http://Onlinecarstereo.com
Got them for $115.54 with 5% off with Coupon Code HIGH5 and free S&H. Came to $109.74.
Sloride (Karl) recommended them to me for my fairing lowers.
He hasn’t steered me wrong yet so I’m hoping they sound great.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on Mike U, how much power are ya going to run them? I hope to have mine by 11am Tuesday picking up from fed ex place. I?m loving the gloss black with metallic red.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love the mm series polls. Nice sound. I have them in my pontoon boat as well as in a fairing on my Breakout. I have tried many speakers BTW.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Right on Mike U, how much power are ya going to run them? I hope to have mine by 11am Tuesday picking up from fed ex place. I?m loving the gloss black with metallic red.
billy t, right now I have two amps in the fairing.
One Hawg Wired RS 400 powering the Upper Fairing and Speaker Lids and One Diamond Audio Micro 2v2 powering the Fairing Lowers.
I have another Hawg Wired RS 400 that I may switch for the Fairing Lowers.
I'll be playing around with the Amps to see which sounds better.
Mike U.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They fit flush without trimming anything on 2012 ultra stock pods. Backs done, moving to the front now. I see the ugly grill does not fit in the cvo lower pod cutout. I guess I?ll be getting the cvo grills for the lowers & rear pods.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Well, I received a email, from OnlineCarStereo.com, on Tuesday letting me know that the Polk MM652's are on their way.
I should have them by Saturday so I'm planning on installing them this coming Sunday depending on the weather.
I'll keep everyone posted on how weill they perform for me.
Mike U.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike U do you have cvo lowers? I ran into a grill problem that the opening is 6.75 & the grill is 7.1/8. I wound up spacing the speaker out just a hair past so the grill doesn?t actually touch the outer face of the lowers. I didn?t want to scratch up the paint Incase I used other speakers down the road. I used two of the extra mounting rings that come with & taped them together with penny?s one deep all the way around. Will finish install tomorrow & post pics.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Mike U do you have cvo lowers? I ran into a grill problem that the opening is 6.75 & the grill is 7.1/8. I wound up spacing the speaker out just a hair past so the grill doesn?t actually touch the outer face of the lowers. I didn?t want to scratch up the paint Incase I used other speakers down the road. I used two of the extra mounting rings that come with & taped them together with penny?s one deep all the way around. Will finish install tomorrow & post pics.
Billy, I have Mutazu Lowers with Advan Black Speaker Pods.
I am very satisfied with them both.
If you need any other info don't hesitate to ask.
Mike U.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Install is done & I?m blown away. Super loud & clear, really happy with full rich sound. I?ll put the fairing on tomorrow just ran out of time.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just installed the mm652 in my fairing and the mm692 in my lids. I also have Hertz sv165s in my lower fairing. I don't have the last pair of mm652s yet (Backorder) and I'm thoroughly impressed with the sound. I've had many sets of Polk speakers and these are by far the best they're ever made. Very impressive. Like everyone is saying, you get that full rich sound.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts