Road Glide banner

Which type of handlebars are the most popular with Road Glide riders?

• Ape hanger bars

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Low bars

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Stock bars

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Drag Bars

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I put a post on called “HIGH BARS” asking the question are Ape hanger bars comfortable for long rides.

From that I was wondering just how many RG’s are fitted with Ape hanger bars (high bars), after market low bars like Wild 1 WO 517 (on my bike) etc. Which type of handlebars do you have on your beastie and the most popular with RG riders?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a "minni ape" from HD 12 inch. they work great, I ride for 5 - 6 hundred miles a day on trips they are more comfortable than the stock bars. I've though about bars with a couple more inches but since there's no issues with what I have it's hard to justify swaping.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sinister Industries Bars

I just got my new 2012 yeller RG and immediately installed the Hot Rod Drag Bars from Sinister Industries and these bars are bad ass !! I like them. Kind of a combo between drag and beach bar !! For pics go to their website www.sinisterindustries.com

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think some of the more popular makes that RG owners are buying are Wild 1, Carlini, Paul Yaffee, etc. The most common heights are probably 12" - 16", but a few go 10" or 18". I personally liked the Paul Yaffee Monkey Bars when I first saw them. They run a tad taller than most others in the same size. I wanted 12's, but went with 10's to maintain some windshield/fairing hand grip protection, as I ride in the Colorado winters. No regrets so far. Good luck in your search. Take your time so that you are happy.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I voted for what I have, not that they're popular, but they're what I'm m ost comfortable with.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love the way ape hanger look but I'm too chicken to give them a try. I feel like they would take away from the bike's good handling nature. I do ride with a bunch of jap touring bikes so I have to ride hard to stay ahead of them lol.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I like a medium rise

Got to be careful with apes. Depending on height, illegal in some states to have them higher than your shoulders. SD and IL are two of them. WI is 30" above the seat.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
My 18s rock back toward me for comfort I have no intentions on reaching or stretching to ride its not worth it to look cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts