Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334424834.013801.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334424848.900929.jpg So there I was taking a scenic rip up Rt169 in Pomfret, CT as I crested the hill in front of the school I looked to my right and what do I see? Two guys parked on Roadglides. One custom, one ultra. Of course I had to stop. I rarely see one never mind two together. We talked for a while and I told them about the site, they had never heard of it. I told them I would post some pics of our bikes together. Solid dudes, maybe we'll get together for a ride some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
616 Posts
Very nice. That's a great place to ride. Gonekat and I will be hitting Devils Hopyard next weekend.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one of my quick loops when I don't have a lot of time. Lot of bikes out today. That area is no more than fifteen minutes from my house. I took 44 east into RI. I've lived in this area my whole life and have never been out that way. It was nice just to see something different.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
CT does have some great roads. I just got back from a nice lil ride to the northwest corner of the state by lime rock race track. Tons of bikes and i didnt see any other RGs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to check that end of the state out someday. I've been around the world but haven't made it to the four corners of my own state!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
It is beautiful up there. Its even better if you can make it up there during a race weekend at lime rock. Gorgeous riding and some race cars to watch. Makes a great day and relatively inexpensive. There was talk about a CT meet and greet when the weather becomes more reliable.http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=15851

·
Registered
958 Posts
There would have been one more - I had lunch at the Vanila Bean, in Pomfert at around 1:30 - great area..........

·
Registered
958 Posts
The vanilla bean had to have been packed today. Its a nice place to chillax for a bit
It was packed with bikes, a New England Ladies MC had a meeting going outside, nice to see so many gals enjoying the Bike's - as I was leaving had to be another thirty heading in...........

·
Registered
656 Posts
Same here on the Bean. Love the area and I nice ride of me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice Meeting you in Pomfret

Hi Man,

Thanks for stopping to say hi while me and my brother were taking a break at Pomfret Prep. Also, thanks for introducing me to the site. It's awesome!! As we mentioned we strolled down to the beaches of RI. We had a great ride. Talk to you soon.

Eric

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Hi Man,

Thanks for stopping to say hi while me and my brother were taking a break at Pomfret Prep. Also, thanks for introducing me to the site. It's awesome!! As we mentioned we strolled down to the beaches of RI. We had a great ride. Talk to you soon.

Eric
Welcome aboard. Glad you found us.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Man,

Eric
Anytime man! I wish I had time to go with you guys, it was such a nice day. But beware, being a member here can get expensive! See ya soon.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I think we need a CT and RI meet n greet. Im out toward Pomfret all the time. heading out today in fact I played hookie to enjoy 85 degrees.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I agree on the meet and greet. I played hookie today too, but for all the wrong reasons. My wife's father passed away last night. Very sick man, kind of a relief it's all over with. When we were up at UMASS last night I saw a lot of glides with big apes. I think the secret is out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts