Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girlfriend insists that she needs more room for our upcoming trip to Delmarva Bike Week. The price of the Saddleman bag I could handle. It was Harleys price for the luggage rack that led to this build. Now, keep in mind I don't plan to keep this on the bike when we're not using the bag so I'm thinking I'll just paint it black. Total cost was less than $15.00 .

·
Registered
587 Posts
The rack is nice, but the vette behind it is way better.

I built a similar rack a couple of years back and it has traveled over 20K miles on various trips. When riding two up on a trip, the extra room is needed.

Just paint it black and go, won't be seen much with the bag on anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great job on the rack.... I'm really diggin the C2 in the background.

·
Registered
875 Posts
What rack? Oh the one in front of the vette..damn I am jealous, both of your vette and your skills. Nice work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally had a chance to finish this project. I decided to have it coated with Line-X instead of just painting it. Total cost was just under $30. I'm real happy with the coating and it should hold up much better than paint. As for strength, once it's bolted on tight you can move the suspension by pulling up and down on it. Here's a few more pictures.......

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Not bad at all. Gets the job done and it was a cheap mod to boot. I do didn't bother with a fancy luggage rack for a bit. I just bought the rack that is supposed to hold the tour pak and had it PC'd black and when I got my tour pak on it went.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts