Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a lightly used set of ported and polished heads for my 13 103 RG. They have the over sized valves as well. I am running a V&H 551 cam. What I need to know will these heads with bigger valves be complimentary to my cam? And what year heads will fit my tbw, engine? The seller is working on getting more specific details about the heads, all I know now is they are ported and polished with the bigger valves. I want to make sure they are going to work properly, before dropping that kinda money

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second question is, will head p/n 17192-6. Fit in place of my 17728/29-08 heads, and work properly? It is an older head based on the - number.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You need to know who performed the the port work and then contact them. There is more to porting than most people realize and done incorrectly it can hurt performance in the rpm area your looking for gains. There is a reason why most reputable porters will only work on virgin heads.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
You need to know who performed the the port work and then contact them. There is more to porting than most people realize and done incorrectly it can hurt performance in the rpm area your looking for gains. There is a reason why most reputable porters will only work on virgin heads.
Or wield them up and start over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts